TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
To make it tougher, one of my friends refuses to eat pink pork so I'm going to need to overcook one of the loins for her.

That's my dad. I was in my late 20's before I found out the meat I was eating for years was over cooked. It drives me nuts that he's still that way. I cooked them wagyu ribeye and had to plead with him to eat it as I served it. Said it was the best tasting steak he ever had. Then said he just wished it was cooked more. :rolleyes: hahaha

MEATeorite

Reaction score
Can I see pics of your grill?? Looks like you got a weber kettle in a wood table??

Pics tomorrow. Its a table for a Komado, but with a little DIY, brackets from unknown bbq, and some 2x4's an 18 inch weber kettle fits very well. Plenty of room for the ash catcher too.

strtcar

Reaction score
How do you like the rub? I am a Jess Pryles fan, havent bought any rubs yet.

Jellerballs of everyone grilling. Tomorrow im gonna do some NY strips. First time grilling in 3 weeks.
ehh im not a huge fan of the black, its fine. I don't think the activated charcoal does anything so I think its just one of those for looks. It's fine, not my favorite.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
Going to put the Traeger to work this week.
We picked up some No Name Steaks that are going on tomorrow.
I'm going to do a smoked meat loaf later in the week.
Sunday I'm doing my first brisket. Picked up a little 6 pounder yesterday. Trimmed and ready to go. Wish me luck on that...........

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ninja from Salty Tales is giving away a box of wagyu meat this month. If you guys want to enter the drawing, click the video then the link below the video (on youtube) and give him your name/email. Disclaimer: It signs you up to his newsletter.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
That's my dad. I was in my late 20's before I found out the meat I was eating for years was over cooked. It drives me nuts that he's still that way. I cooked them wagyu ribeye and had to plead with him to eat it as I served it. Said it was the best tasting steak he ever had. Then said he just wished it was cooked more. :rolleyes: hahaha
I hated pork tenderloin up until about 2 years ago. My Dad was the same way. He used to make them all the time growing up and they were like chewing sawdust.

I just did another phenomenal pork tenderloin last night on the gas grill. Seasoned with Ream's rub and Lawry's, 500 degree grill for 5 minutes per side to sear which got it to about 100 degrees internal, moved to the indirect top grate and rode it out to 145 at the thickest part then rested for 5mins. It was so good I used sweet baby rays for the first two bites then stopped.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
prime filet's last night from the jeweels. i shoulda taken a before pic. they had mighty fine marblin'

0225211938a_HDR.jpg

0225211933_HDR.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom