Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
To make it tougher, one of my friends refuses to eat pink pork so I'm going to need to overcook one of the loins for her.

That's my dad. I was in my late 20's before I found out the meat I was eating for years was over cooked. It drives me nuts that he's still that way. I cooked them wagyu ribeye and had to plead with him to eat it as I served it. Said it was the best tasting steak he ever had. Then said he just wished it was cooked more. :rolleyes: hahaha

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Plain bob burgers
20210221_174652.jpeg

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Can I see pics of your grill?? Looks like you got a weber kettle in a wood table??

Pics tomorrow. Its a table for a Komado, but with a little DIY, brackets from unknown bbq, and some 2x4's an 18 inch weber kettle fits very well. Plenty of room for the ash catcher too.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
How do you like the rub? I am a Jess Pryles fan, havent bought any rubs yet.

Jellerballs of everyone grilling. Tomorrow im gonna do some NY strips. First time grilling in 3 weeks.

ehh im not a huge fan of the black, its fine. I don't think the activated charcoal does anything so I think its just one of those for looks. It's fine, not my favorite.

Reactions: Flyn

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
That's my dad. I was in my late 20's before I found out the meat I was eating for years was over cooked. It drives me nuts that he's still that way. I cooked them wagyu ribeye and had to plead with him to eat it as I served it. Said it was the best tasting steak he ever had. Then said he just wished it was cooked more. :rolleyes: hahaha
I hated pork tenderloin up until about 2 years ago. My Dad was the same way. He used to make them all the time growing up and they were like chewing sawdust.

I just did another phenomenal pork tenderloin last night on the gas grill. Seasoned with Ream's rub and Lawry's, 500 degree grill for 5 minutes per side to sear which got it to about 100 degrees internal, moved to the indirect top grate and rode it out to 145 at the thickest part then rested for 5mins. It was so good I used sweet baby rays for the first two bites then stopped.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Pretty disappointed overall. I burnt the bacon for the garlic quartered potatoes in the oven right off the bat. The potatoes came off the smoker a little hard and had a weird taste.

Hanger steak was cooked perfect, taste was great but it was tough. I cooked it over hot coals till I hit the right internal temp. Maybe hanger needs to be cooked lower and slower.

1FC9BFAD-1658-4974-A611-270F7FB32301.jpeg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ran the smoker for the first time this year to cook up a small beef chuck roast for brisket.

The pellets in the hopper over the winter didn't really work well, so mid cook I had to pull the meat, dismantle the grill and clear all the old pellets. I then put it all back together, filled it, and started it again. Seemed to fix the problem.

Didn't take any pictures, but it was great. The rub was applied last night and was a home grown combo the wife put together but has now lost the recipe for.

Any good brisket rub recipes out there?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I'm planning a weekend meal for when our friends return from their dad's funeral. Can't decide between Guy Fieri's award winning chili recipe or a seafood boil. I will probably wait to see what's on sale next week since shrimp/lobster/crab or 10 lbs of decent beef can be expensive.
You use ground beef or chunks? My wife substitutes ground Turkey for beef or mixes them to great success.

Reactions: Flyn

Thread Info