Jan 5, 2017
IMG_0419.jpg

8# of rib tips heading to the BGE

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Yessssssssszs!
Been also kind of butterflying this seam on the butt. Its opposite the fat cap side. It has a lot of nasty silver skin and garbage fat. I cut along it remove the bad stuff. I been doing this a few times now, and i firmly believe the interior part of the butt gets a smoke flavor, and also you get more bark surface

Unwrapped is the way. Really love the different textures. Crunchy bark is so wonderful. Havent cruch'd a butt in years.
20210110_140913.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I did have a fun moment when I set the tequila on fire for my tequila lime shrimp today. In hindsight, I should have done it on the grill. Nearly melted my microwave. I had to grab the flaming pan and drag it out from under the microwave. LOL One of the smoke detectors went off.

This was Sam the Cooking Guy's recipe on youtube. It was fantastic over rice.

WyblUYE.jpg

Zj4zHNP.jpg

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Sam's has had Choice cut NY strip steaks on sale these days. Im normally ride or die ribeye guy (lol, put that in rap lyric), but cuts like top sirlion and NY strip are excellent eats.

A bit more grey banding than my normal reverse sear, used lump charcoal and both steaks had a nutso internal temp difference.

Also gave my MEATER plus a test drive, had a disconnect malfunction. Otherwise, very good. I'll give another go.
20210118_175112.jpeg
20210118_175117.jpeg
20210118_175324.jpeg

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Mine connects immediately. Try another battery? Charge longer?

It did take a long time to pair the first time I used it.
Mine connects immediately, and reads great inside. Connection to probe issue happens mid grilling outside.

I tried on my chicken thighs yesterday, same deal but that was only 2 hours charge. Their site says 4 hours min to charge, so i disregarded. Do you put the bamboo block as close to probe as possible?

I do like how the app explains the malfunction, and mine is pretty consistant with being from the probe to the bamboo mothership.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
How did the chicken turn out?

Not bad! Next time I’ll probably try a couple methods to see what I like better. This time I precooked the chicken in the oven but next time I may use a cure to kill the bacteria and see the difference. Everything I read said farm raised chicken is quite dirty and to make sure it reaches 160* IT or cure it before hand

IMG_0401.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Anyone else using MEATER and having probe to bamboo chargy and blue tooth talky block connection issues? This probe was very much well charged. Like 12 hours.
This is why I havent purchased one yet. Reviews are all over the place. Flyn loves his and your having issues, same thing with all the reviews lol.

Reactions: crooks

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Doing another set of ribs on Sunday. The first ones came out just OK. The flavor was all there but some if it was pretty tough. I feel like they didn't cook long enough. They were at 250F for 5 hours. I think 6-7hr would have been ideal. Going for the bend test this time. I know I can do the 3-2-1 method, but I really want to get down the no wrap method.

Thread Info