Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Can someone recommend me a simple rib rub recipe or a store brand. I have 2 racks im gonna throw down tomorrow for MNF. I actually wanted to try something different for each rack. Obviously I could do a simple search on google but wanted opinions from the TCG grill masters. Thanks
Store brand, Weber makes 2 really good rubs for ribs.
One is a KC rub and the other is original iirc, pretty sure WalMart or Jewel has them

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Restocked while at Ace Hardware

1605467490148.jpeg

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Can someone recommend me a simple rib rub recipe or a store brand. I have 2 racks im gonna throw down tomorrow for MNF. I actually wanted to try something different for each rack. Obviously I could do a simple search on google but wanted opinions from the TCG grill masters. Thanks
For quick put together with ingredients you probably already have in your house, i like Meatheads memphis dust (its pretty easy to find with Google search) but i add salt (he omits because he insist you dry brine) and i add roast garlic, and later in the cook i glaze with honey or agave nectar.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
anyone smoking their turkey this year? Any tips or tricks? Wife picked up a frozen butterball, which is already brined. Going to start defrosting in fridge on Sunday. Haven't decided what to stuff it with or a rub other than butter or some EVOO and seasonings. Was planning to smoke it at 250-275 with applewood, figuring about 30-45min/lb.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
anyone smoking their turkey this year? Any tips or tricks? Wife picked up a frozen butterball, which is already brined. Going to start defrosting in fridge on Sunday. Haven't decided what to stuff it with or a rub other than butter or some EVOO and seasonings. Was planning to smoke it at 250-275 with applewood, figuring about 30-45min/lb.

some people have i know daturbosix daturbosix has

there's some info here:

Reactions: radioguy6

Thread Info