TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

MEATeorite

Reaction score
How do you like the Ooni? I hear some say it’s a pain in the ass.
I absolutely love mine. I have the Ooni Karu, so it is wood fire only. I have been using kiln dried oak and olive wood. I bought it as a one trick pony for pizzas, and havent been disappointed. I got a family full of pizza snobs, and it always goes over very well with them.

I can see why somebody would say that, it takes about 15 min to get up to temp (i like 650-700 degrees on the stone and a nice flame over the top). But between making the pizzas and maintaining the fire and rotating it, its pretty busy, but manageable. It does help if you have two people.

That doesnt go for all Ooni's, i could get an adapter and it could run on propane. I think the Ooni pro comes standard with it? For sure that would cut the errand of using it in half I'd say, but i dont really mind maintaining the firebox.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If I was up there, I'd set up a TCG grilling challenge and we could have an epic GTG with great food for everyone. I'd love to try some of the food you guys cook.

jason05gt

Reaction score
I cooked some filets this evening from Linz Meats this evening. I will say one benefit of this COVID crap is that my grilling skills have improved quite a bit.

A7FD2186-AB8C-4ABA-87F7-07E4A473241D.jpeg

C9C3917B-4E62-4CF7-8E64-374B8CC4D18A.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom