Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I haven't had mine but for several months now. No jambs or chute issues. I've had mine as high as 550 degrees with no issues. But mine is a newer version trager. Maybe they solved some of those issues? Or maybe the issues are blown out of proportion on forums? Not sure. But so far so good.

I am new to smoking and needed a new grill. So this was a easy transition into smoking. I'm fine with it for now. Maybe when I have more time to deticate to smoking I'll get a real wood burning rig. But don't see it happening anytime soon since I seem to get nice smoked meats with what I have now. I'm also not doing competition bbq. Just middle aged man wants to try smoking meats on Sunday once in a while. Pellet approved. lol

Reactions: SleeperLS

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I use a grill, smoker, range, oven, sous vide, induction burner, microwave and now an Instant Pot. I think that it's a lot harder to learn to use multiple cooking devices and make them all work together than just to use a smoker on everything. Granted, it's an art form to smoke meat without drying it out but's it's awesome to sous vide some big hunk of meat and have people complimenting over how tasty/juicy it is.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Relatable. I recently had an arguement with a local place here where I ordered a "boston butt" and the guy behind the counter insisted it was beef [emoji2955]. Atleast his coworker shot him a "wtf are you thinking?" look, but didnt correct him.
How can a butcher shop be a butcher if they don't know what a packer brisket is..

Reactions: crooks and DEEZUZ

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Grilled Korean BBQ wings tonight.
20191223_170724.jpeg

Jamesv82

Addict
TCG Premium
Mar 9, 2017
Yea i have yet to have anything from robs yet. You've probably dealt with my friend Amy there.

I'd better start going there.

One place was in Munster, they did say I could call and order one like I wanted next time.

Its def a big step up from the one in munster. Use to go there a long time ago and there were great but started to go down hill. Started going to robs and never looked back. Def worth going if you never been to just look around, esp since they just moved into their new location this year.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info