TCG goes Karting! - Sunday October 17th at 6pm @ Kart Circuit Autobahn

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I don't see why not! A few IRL guys still might come and they haven't paid yet either

i assume you have better luck since dealing with car guys, but multiple years i arranged karting at road america post a weekend work getaway event, where work paid for us to stay up at a resort in elkhart lake. organizing karting wasn't too bad, but getting these people to pay drove me nuts. they are already going to definitely be up there, and they had signed up to kart. it would range on the number of people i got, but was like 110-130 to kart. these were all consultants, most making more money than me, and everyone making decent money. i'd have to front paying for and reserving the event; like $2300+ charge to my credit card weeks before. then beg and plead with the people who signed up to actually pay me to attend it. was annoying as f.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
i assume you have better luck since dealing with car guys, but multiple years i arranged karting at road america post a weekend work getaway event, where work paid for us to stay up at a resort in elkhart lake. organizing karting wasn't too bad, but getting these people to pay drove me nuts. they are already going to definitely be up there, and they had signed up to kart. it would range on the number of people i got, but was like 110-130 to kart. these were all consultants, most making more money than me, and everyone making decent money. i'd have to front paying for and reserving the event; like $2300+ charge to my credit card weeks before. then beg and plead with the people who signed up to actually pay me to attend it. was annoying as f.
This was extremely easy dealing with all TCG guys...but I VERY rarely front for anyone...I've been screwed Way to many times, so with that said, it's safe to assume if I'm running an event you are not fully on my participant list until I have money in hand lol

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
yah RA was more big deal than most about having to reserve the space. one year i was down 500. work made me whole, although it was really an external non-work event. they allocated 500 in prize money and i won it all kind of thing lol. fuck me though organizing people over 10 and/or people you don't know well generally sucks. car dudes i expect enough enthusiasm and interest to make these events generally painless and successful.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
How do you guys feel about meeting off 355 in Lisle? Anyone familiar with the area? A lot of parking lots right off Butterfield that look accommodating.

I'll probably just meet you guys at Autobahn since I'm already in the south suburbs. Depending on what my +1 is doing, we may make a last minute decision to join the cruise if she doesn't want to drive all the way to my house Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I'll probably just meet you guys at Autobahn since I'm already in the south suburbs. Depending on what my +1 is doing, we may make a last minute decision to join the cruise if she doesn't want to drive all the way to my house Saturday afternoon.
No worries at all!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
How do you guys feel about meeting off 355 in Lisle? Anyone familiar with the area? A lot of parking lots right off Butterfield that look accommodating.

If you have a Glympse going or similar I’ll monitor and hop on 355 a little farther south at like 75th street. I won’t be able to leave too much earlier to meet up ahead of time.

Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
So, apparently the world just doesn't want us to go karting...we are looking at 100% chance of rain in Joliet tomorrow.

I emailed Alan at Autobahn to see what our options are.

I'm fine with seeing what weather is actually like come tomorrow but as a tentative rain date would Saturday the 9th work for everyone? Last I asked refunds are not an option they will only allow us to move to a new date.

• Sad
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So, apparently the world just doesn't want us to go karting...we are looking at 100% chance of rain in Joliet tomorrow.

I emailed Alan at Autobahn to see what our options are.

I'm fine with seeing what weather is actually like come tomorrow but as a tentative rain date would Saturday the 9th work for everyone? Last I asked refunds are not an option they will only allow us to move to a new date.
You son of a bitch.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
You son of a bitch.

giphy.gif

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Yikes the forecast does not look good. I'm busy for much of october after this weekend so don't plan around me

If it's a rainout, or I choose not to drive an hour out there because there's a high probability of rain (i'll keep an eye on it throughout tomorrow), do we get our moniez back or are we hosed ?
Last I was told is our only option is choosing a new date. I'm trying to negotiate with them, we'll see what happens.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It's confirmed, no refunds. Karts will not run in the rain.

Only option is rescheduling, they said if for whatever reason we can't get in this year we can carry over to next year.

I'm fine waiting until tomorrow to make an official call on weather.
Bunch of thieves.

Thread Info