TCG goes Karting! - Sunday October 17th at 6pm @ Kart Circuit Autobahn

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Bunch of thieves.

I would tell them the fact they won't offer us a refund makes us wonder if they will even be around next year. Because if they are that strapped for cash that they need a go-cart track money to stay in business, they must be in trouble. lol

I'm sure they will just tell you that they know how to spend our money better than we do. So the money is better off with them.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It's confirmed, no refunds. Karts will not run in the rain.
Now this is bullshit. A normal trackday doesn't issue refunds for rain, but that's because they let you ride in the rain

Fuck you ACC, if you're gonna charge me let me go drift that kart around your track

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I was first thinking, fuck it, let’s run in the rain, could be fun. But I’d imagine those things are on slicks and they don’t want us to fuck ‘em up.
Hopefully the weather is better than forecasted tomorrow.
I'm going to give it until about noonish and then make the call...if it looks like a decent chance of it missing us we can make the attempt...but as of right now it's not looking good. I am curious if they will even open with how high the percent chance is currently.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Hate to say it, but does't look promising. Though NWS shows 10-15% less chance of rain than WU. NWS is typically more accurate. Will they let karting run if the track is just wet but no precipitation? Would be like the last few laps of the Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix that ran last weekend. Right WhiteKnuckle WhiteKnuckleScat Nikita Mazepin?

Weather Underground:
1633144035615.png

National Weather Service (NWS)
1633144356566.png

Reactions: Teege24

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, I have to work, which is why I didn't post in the the thread earlier. Sucks, but its the way it is.

But how the fuck can Autobahn be strapped for cash?

Its $40,000 initiation fee up front for a membership that allows you track access, and from there on its $5,500 per YEAR.

Thats okay, can't afford the $40k? You can get lesser memberships, except these don't allow unrestricted speed track. You are limited to Touring sessions (likely 60-70mph max) and only during "Lunch time".

Its the same price for unlimited Karting membership, $4,400 per year.

How the hell are they strapped for cash when you start including the private track rentals too.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So, I have to work, which is why I didn't post in the the thread earlier. Sucks, but its the way it is.

But how the fuck can Autobahn be strapped for cash?

Its $40,000 initiation fee up front for a membership that allows you track access, and from there on its $5,500 per YEAR.

Thats okay, can't afford the $40k? You can get lesser memberships, except these don't allow unrestricted speed track. You are limited to Touring sessions (likely 60-70mph max) and only during "Lunch time".

Its the same price for unlimited Karting membership, $4,400 per year.

How the hell are they strapped for cash when you start including the private track rentals too.
And they don’t spend a penny of it on their bumpy ass track lol

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I'm trying to push it as close as we can, going to see if I can get anyone from there to answer my call right now to see if they are even opening today.
Left a message with Alan the GM...we'll see if I get a call back. If the weather looks like shit by 3pm I think we should be looking to reschedule.

I am open to any input!

Reactions: LikeABauce302

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I agree, looks like 50% + chance of rain after 3:00pm.

I’ll still go if it’s on but have no problem rescheduling.

If anyone is looking for another fun activity, feel free to come buy my place and join me in replacing, some control arms, ball joints, etc on the front of the crownVic ;-)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I hate to keep rescheduling, especially since they're basically holding our money hostage... But I've got some type of ear infection and wearing a helmet is going to be rather painful ?. But I'll make it work if it's on tonight.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Alright guys, just got off the phone with Alan from Autobahn. He said it is at about 90% chance they will not open the track this evening. He is moving our reservation to next Saturday. I believe as of right now we have 3 people that will not be able to attend next Saturday so I ask all of you that are still coming, as a courtesy to them please help me find 3 additional racers to fill there spot so they can get their money back that way.

I am really sorry the weather gods didn't help do us any favors this weekend and especially sorry to those that will not be able to attend next weekend.

Thread Info