TCG goes Karting! - Sunday October 17th at 6pm @ Kart Circuit Autobahn

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Well guys, the track just informed me that we can't officially rent the track anytime after 5pm but they assured me they will keep our group together racing at the same time, however we can run into a scenario where they throw in a few unknown racers to fill spots. Also, there could be a little bit longer of a wait time in between races as Saturday is there busiest day of the week.

The route of an actual rental is $125 per racer per hour and has to be completed by 5pm

I'm assuming we are okay with maybe running with a few randoms and the wait shouldn't be to bad in between races.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I’ve done the Road America karts once but that’s the extent of my non-mini-golf karts.

i organized a few 30+ person work events here, and each time they let us use more and more of the track and elevation changes. h/t to Teege24 Teege24 because organizing this shit is a nightmare - particularly collecting money for it. i would front a couple grand then have to chase people to pay who signed up at work - everyone being well paid IT consultants at that, many more than me - super frustrating. he's probably having a better experience with you actual car bros though.

Last time we went with a group of more then 15 it was great , I don’t think anyone had used brakes, if you have your own helmet bring it, most of us had shorts on and must have shoes on. It’s crazy how the races last about 10 minutes and how fast that time flys. Just make sure to eat before there isn’t jack shit down there that’s open other then a truck stop

i thought most places in the US required pants and closed-toe shoes? certainly the latter.

i was annoyed a few years ago as i kart like 12 places with my own helmet and gopro, but this place in the philippines wouldn't let me use the gopro 'for safety reasons' - meanwhile they didn't care about sandals (nor did places in thailand) but this place had a limited set of old and ill fitting helmets for all. i would watch first time girls put on helmets without taking glasses off that totally just rattled around their heads. and fyi if any ladies are going, band that hair up/tuck it under your shirt in the back, every few years you see a karting accident where some girl's long hair gets stuck in a chain or something and it is super super super bad.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
if any ladies are going, band that hair up/tuck it under your shirt in the back, every few years you see a karting accident where some girl's long hair gets stuck in a chain or something and it is super super super bad.

This is exactly why Melrose Indoor Grand Prix is no more. A girl with really long hair got her hair caught in the axle or chain. Someone from the track staff used scissors to free her while they waited for EMTs. The girl was of some religion that didn't allow her to cut her hair. She filed a big lawsuit and won. The place couldn't afford to stay open and had to shut down.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
This is exactly why Melrose Indoor Grand Prix is no more. A girl with really long hair got her hair caught in the axle or chain. Someone from the track staff used scissors to free her while they waited for EMTs. The girl was of some religion that didn't allow her to cut her hair. She filed a big lawsuit and won. The place couldn't afford to stay open and had to shut down.

especially in the US i expect staff to be a lot better about this, usually it is elsewhere more lax you see/hear about this happening. and i think a quite frequent outcome is a pretty gruesome death. :/

Reactions: LikeABauce302

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FirstWorldProblems N20GT

Was Melrose indoor where we did gas karts?

We revisited 1 year later and the place was an absolute dump no toilet seats, steering columns on karts loose and dangerous, no ventilation, seemed like we all got minor gassing
Legit have no clue, i remember you saying that though. The last couple times i've done indoor karting were at K1 and Accelerate. Both were a blast but man are indoor kart tracks small, it is not easy to pass

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
20130629_225248.jpg

Thread Info