TCG goes Karting Round 2 for 2022! - Saturday, June 25th at 6:30pm @ Kart Circuit Autobahn

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
New karts are in as of this week by the way
Saw that on there story yesterday! Very excited!

Screenshot_20220525-125829_Facebook.jpg

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015

This is tempting. Wheel to wheel competitive racing. Would any of you guys be interested in signing up for one of these?
I did the spring series and it was awesome. Some of those dudes are no joke

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Tell me more!
I'd get there early and pay to run a practice run. But each night would be a 3 lap qualifier and then immediately line up based on times for heat 1 (I think 15 laps). However you finish, that's where you start heat 2 after a break. the break is where they switch between heavy and lightweight. So it's really not much down time for the karts at all. Heat 2 is 17 laps. Those first heats are ran Nut to Butt. Then the Final is 20 laps and 2-wise start. The fast guys who do it religiously were at least a full second ahead of me, sometimes 2. It was great competition as long as you don't get spun in the first couple laps. I definitely will do it again.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
If anybody wants to spend the whole day at autobahn, Hagerty has a track day going on there same day as our karting event from 8:30pm to 5:00pm. It is on the Autobahn North track and compared to most track days is a lot more affordable. If you are a Hagerty member its only $160 for the day. Use this code for an extra 20% off your registration - GOFAST2022

I'll be there in the orange camaro. If anyone signs up let me know! If you've never done a track day and are curious about it let me know as well, always good to have a friend there for your first time.

Thread Info