TCG fishing thread 2021

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Got back last night from fishing Lake Vermilion for the last week. Struck out in musky. We managed to find 7 fish this year, it’s usually 1-3. Had one blow up my top water but not get hooked up, another got off on a trolling pass, couple swiped and missed on the figure 8. My cousin hooked up with one last day of the trip, let his line rub the gunwale of the boat and broke off.

Trolled for walleye after dark and caught plenty of those. No notable fish this year but had a great time. Prob best trip up there in the last three years.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The gills in those lakes are ridiculous. I’ve caught a ton of 10-11”
I was going to fillet some the other night and just didn’t feel like it when I got back so I let them all go, but I had some hog blue gill in my aerator bucket on the kayak blue gill so big they take drag on a bass rod lol

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Got back last night from fishing Lake Vermilion for the last week. Struck out in musky. We managed to find 7 fish this year, it’s usually 1-3. Had one blow up my top water but not get hooked up, another got off on a trolling pass, couple swiped and missed on the figure 8. My cousin hooked up with one last day of the trip, let his line rub the gunwale of the boat and broke off.

Trolled for walleye after dark and caught plenty of those. No notable fish this year but had a great time. Prob best trip up there in the last three years.

Walleye shoreline lunch is a treat

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Spent about 2 hours fishing with the ultra lite setup. Bicycle rig works great. Caught a slew of panfish and about 5-6 small LM bass at a chain of ponds in a park. On the way back I stopped and fished off the bridges, basically Fox River tributary, and Caught a 10” SM which scared the shit out of me because I really didn’t think there would be anything there. Lol.

panfish were hungry. I’d Just find a school and catch one right after another. Almost every cast. Lots of fun.
B2C1A9C5-1C12-43E9-979A-07D468417543.jpeg

Going to rig up my big rod with a frog and take that tomorrow AM and see what bites. I have a feeling There are some big bass there under the weeds and pads.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Father in law gave me a small 1000 size spinning reel he didn’t want Soo I had to buy another ultra lite rod to go with it. This one is going super ultra lite 2 lb mono and a tiny 1/80 oz #10 hook jig. For comparison The other ultra lite I’ve been using is 6lb braid with a 4lb leader and 1/32 oz 8 hook so the new rod is super ultra light. It’s been super fun and relaxing catching dozens of small fish.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Fishing at the small chain of ponds this morning. gave away couple of my small casting bobbers, and a couple of my tiny Mule jigs and showed a grandfather fishing with his grandson how to rig it up. The shore gets fished a ton with worms so you have to get some distance to get the hungry fish and get away from the fricken turtles. Caught the usual tons of panfish and small LM bass plus several Crappie which was completely unexpected at these ponds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info