TCG fishing thread 2021

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I took my canoe for its maiden voyage Saturday morning. Rigged up a trolling motor on it and hit the desplaines river. It made it from rt 83 to willow springs rd while running full power upstream which is 2.75ish miles. It felt like power was degrading at that point. Turned around and made it another mile or so back downstream before the motor stopped.

7DA2BAB2-6015-409F-BD1F-EE0DEE9A2A91.jpeg

3DFE9912-9FA4-427D-B1C8-2E11537974C6.jpeg

I have two kayaks but wanted something larger and more stable to fish out of. Trolling motor takes the pain out of paddling miles upstream or being able to hit spots in current a TON easier. Troll up, drift back past. It’s a MF’r doing that with a kayak.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Man, friggin cold out there this morning with the wind.

I hit the fox river chasing after musky this morning. Hooked up with a small one at my first spot and she got off pretty quick. At least it was some action.

I walked about a mile of the river below the south Elgin dam. Stopped in one spot in St. Charles and then below Montgomery dam before heading home

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Fishing out in one of the lakes by goose lake today, must still be too cold for pan fish we have been trying to catch some for catfish bait all day with no luck, throwing out random stuff cat food and worms I hooked up with a 10ish lb channel cat had to go out in the kayak and rescue it from the tree he got snagged on, wife got a picture I’ll post it up later when she gets back home

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Real nice bass you’ve been getting

It’s funny, Suburb pond / lake after suburb Suburb pond / lake, I look at the structure, unique areas and depths from the shoreline. Especially the natural shadows when sunny out.

Understand the baitfish for that body of water (typically perch, bluegill, shad)

Waterstain and temp

Then finally the presentation of the lure depending on the time of year.

Crappie, Bass, Pike... all the same. Walleyes are my Achilles as I would need a deeper body of water and a boat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info