TCG fishin’ thread V. 2019

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Worked Saturday and Sunday was at Menards and Lowes picking up stuff for house reno stuff. I REALLY want to get out, especially to Michigan and see if there's any Kings or Browns biting...just gotta find a place this isn't closed...may take a hike to Waukegan one of these days...

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Today, 6 yrs old daughter reeled in a carp (tipped the scale at 5 lbs).

1589144153312.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
maybe you fishing bro's know, but i've been seeing a lot of guys moving along at a decent cut, using their kickers or main motors, while their trolling motors are still down up front- i overheard one guy yell at another boat- that his trolling motor was down.

the guy driving the boat with the trolling motor down said he was using it (the trolling motor down) to charge his electrical systems... is this a thing? i mean it makes sense in my mind i guess. just seems not too efficient but i dont know shit about these fishing boats/electrical setups.

snakebyte

Addict
Oct 30, 2011
ATX
maybe you fishing bro's know, but i've been seeing a lot of guys moving along at a decent cut, using their kickers or main motors, while their trolling motors are still down up front- i overheard one guy yell at another boat- that his trolling motor was down.

the guy driving the boat with the trolling motor down said he was using it (the trolling motor down) to charge his electrical systems... is this a thing? i mean it makes sense in my mind i guess. just seems not too efficient but i dont know shit about these fishing boats/electrical setups.

As far as my bass boat goes, I have 3 batteries. One is my cranking battery and 2 trolling motor batteries. My trolling motor batteries are charged once the big motor is running. So I dont see any correlation of having the trolling motor in the water to charge it. Plus my boat will only charge the other batteries once the motor is above i believe 1200 RPM. Again though, see no point of having the trolling motor in the water. It would charge when your moving on the water.

The only time i leave the TM in the water when the big motor is on is if I am moving to another spot maybe around a marina and I dont want to pull it up. Otherwise, its up and I am moving.

snakebyte

Addict
Oct 30, 2011
ATX
interesting. gotchya. yeah i was puzzled when the guy said it and i can't find anything online to back it up...

what lakes are you fishing in Texas?

I have fished Decker (big bass), Travis, Bastrop, Stillhouse, Belton and just fished Canyon Monday. I fish Lake travis alot. Very deep lake with a lake average of 70ish feet. You catch alot of smaller fish there but its very scenic. Gin clear water due to zebra muscle but just a fun lake to be on in general. Decker has big bass, the average bass is like 3lbs but I cant stand staring at reeds for hours. I have caught over 10 5lb bass there and 2 over 6.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

Were they actually fishing while doing this? It’s easier to control the boat by using the kicker to push the boat and trolling motor to make minor adjustments.

depending on what crazy electronics people are running, some of the new big screen graphs will draw around 10 amps.

trolling motors also are on their own batteries totally isolated from the charging circuits of the main or kicker motor. Especially because 99% are running 24v or 36v

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Were they actually fishing while doing this? It’s easier to control the boat by using the kicker to push the boat and trolling motor to make minor adjustments.

depending on what crazy electronics people are running, some of the new big screen graphs will draw around 10 amps.

trolling motors also are on their own batteries totally isolated from the charging circuits of the main or kicker motor. Especially because 99% are running 24v or 36v

they weren't fishing. just heading towards the no wake

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info