TCG Fall Track Day Rental | Great Lakes | Friday, October 9th

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Just got home a bit ago. Needed to get a shower in quickly. I'm wiped. I'll try and keep this short.

The lack of updates was because we had 60 racers all running, working on cars, helping each other, shooting the shit, all that fun stuff.
We had a pretty packed house and it was refreshing to see literally no one on their phones, unless they were taking pics or shooting video. Lots of folks hot lapping too. The track always had activity.

I'm guessing between our main photographers, we probably have 2,000 pics that need to be gone through :rofl: Give those guys time to work through them, edit and share. I barely took any pics and maybe a few vids.

ANYWAY. I know some were bummed about the weather and some mentioned the prep wasnt up to snuff (but some of you guys definitely were working REAL well, so I doubt that)...but what a perfect day for racing. Everything ran smoothly, no stoppages, no incidents. I couldn't have asked for a better event. It was so awesome and a little humbling to see the turnout. I was so nervous last night and as it turns out, zero reason to be.

I met with Randy and Claire and they were all smiles about us being there. Super nice and very thankful for our business.

My car ran like shit and I wont lie, I'm really bummed out. I stayed after to try and get a few more runs in and the car just wasnt having it. If I was bracket racing, I would have been king. 12.0x and 12.1x all day long. Need to iron out some bugs and go back one more time this month.

I cant thank all of you enough for today. I dont know what else to say. Thank you guys.

Spring rental is 100% happening in either April of May. Stay tuned.
If you go back up this month let me know. Would like to get my R out in the track .

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Mildly sunburnt and smell like tire smoke. All in all a great day. Nice seeing some people I haven’t seen in a few years as well. Going through 800 files tonight and picking out the winners. Going on vacation in the North Woods tomorrow for the week and will edit at night since my wife goes to sleep by 8pm lately.

7B0B8830-2DBB-4F17-A83F-0B7AE397B7F2.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have a cheap $30 go pro knock-off that my g/f gave me that she got from TJ Maxx. Failed every single time I tried to use it. No onboard video ?

next track day I’ll get the real deal for recording.

Also, other than a fluid change and a bath the bike is ready to go for the next one. I’m massively impressed that the factory Kawasaki clutch took that much abuse and never failed or slipped. At least 15 of my launches were at 7000-8000rpm or above, and every clutchless gear change was about 16,000rpm ?

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Was great to meet some folks in person, finally. Highlight of the day was meeting @deezus [emoji23]. I was having traction issues, best 60’ was 1.66 when I’m normally in the 1.5’s, but ran a best of 11.67 @ 119. It was great to see the turnout, some fast shit out there and my kids had a blast watching the cars run.

Thanks for setting this up, Mook.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
true track days require a broken 3800, this qualified thanks to cody and his "i ran lean at 14to1 up top, lets test by bumping the fuel voltage"

*hits nitrous button*

i need that guiness fucking brilliant .gif

A lot of people got a kick out of seeing the car. Definitely something different.

When it got loud u was like "oh I hope that's just a header gasket". Sucks but hopefully it's just the head gasket and nothing else got damaged.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This needs to be the cover photo!
Agreed
A lot of people got a kick out of seeing the car. Definitely something different.

When it got loud u was like "oh I hope that's just a header gasket". Sucks but hopefully it's just the head gasket and nothing else got damaged.
Was that the one with no hood on it?

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

Pretty sure I was in the lane racing him when this happened. At first I was like "fuck what is that noise I hope it isn't me" then I saw what was next to me and knew I was fine :rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Thanks to Mook Mook for setting this up. It was great to see everyone and meet some new people.

I hit my target ET for today in the daily driver BMW. Sadly the plugs/coils didn't like me loading the motor and building boost trying to launch harder. Misfire codes put it in limp mode. So I have some things to work out.

I know several people were talking about hitting the track again when the Temps drop and the DA looks great. So we will have to get another day at the track for sure. Come at me Mook, R guys, S5 crew, and dad truck! Haha

View attachment 68955

dad150 reporting for duty

79E21DE2-56AE-4389-B26E-20C392EB5D4D.jpeg

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Had a great time yesterday. First time at the strip and first time meeting a lot of you. I took some footage with my GoPro yesterday I’ll eventually get up. Ended up staying late and had fun racing against SHARKBITEATTACK SHARKBITEATTACK in his Jeep SRT. He even raced against the announcer lol. That guy was funny as hell.
Did 18 passes, hit 12.6 a couple times for my best time.
IMG_1412.jpg

Thread Info