Mike
This came out awesome.

PXL_20200919_164813377.jpg

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
No one seemed to have issues hustling their 9 and 8 sec cars down GLD for CMC drag day.

I spun like crazy coming off the line at the CMC track day. Ran an 8.8 @ 155 but could have done better if I wasn't all over the track in 1st gear. I'm not making a big deal about it, it's a track day and supposed to be fun for all. Just mentioning that the guys who have drag cars will be handicapped by a torn up starting line from street tires.

They made an announcement at the start of the day Tuesday that street cars were supposed to run in the right lane and slick and drag radial guys in the left, but lots either never heard it or came later.

Reactions: HellPIG

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I spun like crazy coming off the line at the CMC track day. Ran an 8.8 @ 155 but could have done better if I wasn't all over the track in 1st gear. I'm not making a big deal about it, it's a track day and supposed to be fun for all. Just mentioning that the guys who have drag cars will be handicapped by a torn up starting line from street tires.

They made an announcement at the start of the day Tuesday that street cars were supposed to run in the right lane and slick and drag radial guys in the left, but lots either never heard it or came later.
I thought that was a common curtesy at gld left lane is always the best keep it to slicks and dr’s

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
LikeABauce302 LikeABauce302 , I think it was you who was filling me in on track rental tech?

Maybe relay some of your info to the group as well (y)

Yup, that was me. I organized a track rental last week at GLD.

Tech was was easy going. They only looked for obvious things like batteries not having a secure hold down, loose caps on radiator expansion tanks, etc.

As far as safety equipment goes, just have a helmet, pants, closed toed shoes, and a shirt with sleeves (short sleeves okay, just no tank tops). We had 3 or 4 cars running 8s or low 9s and nobody batted an eye.

They didn't look for driveshaft safety loops, or check SFI cert dates. They also didn't require fire jackets for aftermarket power adder cars.

Best advice I can give is take a good look at your car a couple days before the event and make sure their aren't any obvious issues. The tech inspector probably won't call you out, but nobody wants to be in a lane next to a car flinging parts (this really only applies to us fox body guys :LOL:).

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
I was one of those 8 second guys and the tech guy looked a little closer at my car, but wasn't looking to hassle anyone. He pointed out I didn't have a locking dipstick in the trans, which I'd never heard was needed before. He also checked my belt dates, but said he never holds anyone to it, as the 2 year thing is pretty much a money grab by NHRA. He was cool, I don't think he was looking to give anyone a hard time, just pointing stuff out. He even gave me a list of NHRA requirements he uses for his inspection for the different car classes by ET.

Thread Info