charlie day cheese GIF

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Has anyone looked over their car for new rock chips?

The PPF on the front is pelted. And somehow I managed a pair of deep chips on the driver’s door at the handle level.

I’m afraid to wash it and find more chips :(
I kept good distance, and doubt I'll find anything new. I do have some chips from highway life that just plain dug all the way through the film. Had one rock penetrate the film last winter, and dirt got inside the film, looks like a mole now. I'd have to have the film cut away, and then dirt would settle int he edges. Only thing to do would be to have the film peeled & replaced. Even though the film itself has took a beating, it has definitely prevented some serious damage.

I have the XPEL Ultimate, but they've since come out with other versions that are thicker. If were to do it again I'd probably go with the thickest option on a daily.

Plus, it is kind of nice to literally just be able to take a microfiber and some detailing spray and wipe the front end down. Since the film is self healing, any haze or scratches induced literally just melt away on the first hot day.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I was being stupid last night and actually looking [emoji1787] But it still recreates the same problem…..it puts me in a spot that I won’t have a project to tinker with. It will be a relatively short project that ultimately will leave me unsatisfied.

So I’m back to the Conquest or maybe even building an SN95. The Hellcat motor idea I think is done. I need something that revs high…now I’m thinking 5.2 Ford Aluminator. Pricey but powerful!

giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Has anyone looked over their car for new rock chips?

The PPF on the front is pelted. And somehow I managed a pair of deep chips on the driver’s door at the handle level.

I’m afraid to wash it and find more chips :(
If I have anything new they’re just going to blend in with the hundreds of already existing ones.

Hell, my windshield is so chipped and pitted that then when driving into the sun it’s like trying to look through a snow globe.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, annoying Shit.

For some reason, my TPMS system on the RS decided that anything BELOW 38psi was OMG OMG WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE pressure.

The light hasn't been off since the mini-tour. I finally got a TPMS app on the phone so I can show the pressures. Because I thought the light wouldn't go out because a sensor was bad. Ignore the labels, they are incorrect. Right side is fronts, left side is rears.

so the lowest pressure was 37psi and the light WOULD NOT GO AWAY.

WTF Ford, the OEM setting is 42/38, though because I swapped out from the 235/35/19 to the 235/40/18's I have been running lower, 38/36 psi and have had no problems for the past year. I usually only see the light if it drops below 35psi.

but NOT this time, that PCM was pissed of a tire was below 38psi and it wanted to speak to the manager!
1666547668750.png

Retrained the TPMS system, really annoying ( would have been faster with Pete's compressor! ). And set the tires back to 38/36 and the damned car is happy now with the pressures.

I'm going to get ForSCAN installed and change the thresholds to like 32psi, what a pain.

Thread Info