TCG emails going to spam - Gmail.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So I dont know whats going on, but for the last few days all the reply emails I get from TCG are going to my gmail spam folder. I never labeled an email from TCG as spam, and furthermore I have been labeling them all non-spam everytime I get one in there. Yet they still keep going there.
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] is TCG maybe blacklisted with gmail? Not sure what else to do.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
It's because vB is setup using your personal gmail address as the sender, but the emails are being sent from my servers and not Google's. in the past Goog didn't care, recently they started flagging it as a potential phishing attempt.

solution is to setup a thechicagogarage.com email address, or actually setup vB to send via gmail.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
One thing I noticed with Gmail is that if you start deleting (not archiving) emails without reading them, Gmail will automatically flag them as spam after a few emails and send them straight to your spam folder.

I know the IGOR and ISRA pro-gun groups (actual emails, not FB shit) I wouldn't read and just delete and then one day saw them going straight to spam without ever marking them as such.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
One thing I noticed with Gmail is that if you start deleting (not archiving) emails without reading them, Gmail will automatically flag them as spam after a few emails and send them straight to your spam folder.

I know the IGOR and ISRA pro-gun groups (actual emails, not FB shit) I wouldn't read and just delete and then one day saw them going straight to spam without ever marking them as such.

My gmail doesn't seem to do that. But I do have an original gmail beta account back from when you needed an invite to sign up. I have signed up newer gmail accounts over the years and they do look and function different than my real one so who knows. But good info.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
It's because vB is setup using your personal gmail address as the sender, but the emails are being sent from my servers and not Google's. in the past Goog didn't care, recently they started flagging it as a potential phishing attempt.

solution is to setup a thechicagogarage.com email address, or actually setup vB to send via gmail.

change it to thechicagogarage.com email addy and add an SPF record with your server IP? #nerdthread

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hmm, just noticed that its happening.

I'm fairly sure the Gmail account used to send all of TCG's notification is blacklisted by Apple iCloud. When I have TCG send to my iCloud address the emails NEVER show up, and they aren't in the spam folder, they are just blackholed, but they used to work as I have older emails from TCG sent to iCloud.

I ended up having TCG send to a Comcast account which is set to auto-forward all email to my iCloud account. The forwarding allows it past whatever black hole iCloud has.

Thread Info