đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
ChrisRac ChrisRac I would have to agree with IDAFC21 IDAFC21

If the car is 3 years old or newer, you can use the new leather kit.
If you have leather seats, then this kit kills two birds with one stone.

If you are looking for a general interior cleaner then CarPro inside or P&S express interior cleaner are two versatile options.
But the colourlock brush is really good and can be used for many surfaces.

Reactions: IDAFC21

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I had the pleasure of using citrus degreaser and a brush to get two years of lotion residue out of a rubbery feeling Honda Civic steering wheel today. I thought it was discolored, then I started wiping and realized it was lotion build up. Shit was everywhere, had to clean around the start button too.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
giphy.gif

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I once bought a cheap, rusty 94 Integra GSR (I think I paid $3500 for it in 02/03). The steering wheel was the dirtiest thing I had ever seen, even more than the $300 91 Integra GS that I bought a few years later as a winter beater.

I used full strength Simple Green and an old toothbrush to get all that dead skin and grime off the wheel. I want to say I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour scrubbing and wiping and repeating. I need to find me old hard drive with all the detailing pics I have from those days and post them.

That $300 Integra GS was red but being 90's Acura, it was single stage paint and it was faded a chalking pink color. I spent hours polishing it and for about 6 months, I drove around with the hood 50/50 done. I had taped down the middle and polished 1 side to shiny red and left the other side chalky pink. That car was such a POS. I drove it for 2 winters, blew the headgasket and sold it for 1k!

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
That looks like a brush id use to brush a horse.

if I ever needed to brush a horse

it's safe for leather surfaces.
The bristles are synthetic, they will not build any heat. It's safe to say a person would not have to use much pressure to attain the level of clean they are going for.
It's also smaller than you would think.

You would be brushing the horse a LONG time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I began detailing the Hellcat after Cars and Coffee. Car was absolutely filthy and I haven’t polished the car since I got it back from the body shop last year.

Process thus far:

- CarPro Iron X on a dirty car, dwelling for 5 minutes
- Went immediately to foaming the car and washing with 3D Super Soap
- Spot cleaned rubber off of rear quarters/bumper with WD40
- Rinsed car and refoamed to decon car with the Rag Company Ultra Clay Towel
- Cleaned tires with Super Clean Degreaser and wheels with Brake Buster via IK Sprayer
- Dried with the Water Sprite

I am stopping here tonight. Tomorrow I need to clean all of the plastic molding and will polish. Car is looking great already!

A9EEDF05-BE42-41E7-983D-5D401111005A.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Tried a new rinseless wash tonight and enjoyed it. I have been using ONR for years, but figured I would give Wolfgang a try. It smells really nice (better IMO) and performed like you would want it to. Left a nice gloss and slick feeling, which could be due to the freshly detailed nature of the car. I would definitely recommend it.

73102C65-36BD-4822-A065-8704A847C640.jpeg

F61274D5-C238-4329-AB98-FE671073E852.jpeg

9551E1DF-8C18-4FBF-BA7D-CD71F7E28BBA.jpeg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Tried a new rinseless wash tonight and enjoyed it. I have been using ONR for years, but figured I would give Wolfgang a try. It smells really nice (better IMO) and performed like you would want it to. Left a nice gloss and slick feeling, which could be due to the freshly detailed nature of the car. I would definitely recommend it.

View attachment 89977

View attachment 89978

View attachment 89979
I sure it's been discussed here but I'm not looking back through
What is rinseless wash?

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I sure it's been discussed here but I'm not looking back through
What is rinseless wash?
DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

From google:

A rinseless wash is a washing technique that allows you to wash your car in a way that does not require rinsing afterwards. It is not waterless, but rinseless. This way of washing can save on time and/or product and prevents too much chemicals from going down the drain.

I personally have been using ONR for years. 2 gallons of water in a bucket, 1 oz of ONR. Toss in a Microfiber wash mitt and grab a drying towel. Ring out the ONR/Water solution from the mitt, wipe down 1 panel at a time with mitt. Wipe dry with towel. Dunk the wash mitt to release the dirt and repeat. Works good, especially in winter after running the car through a touchless coin-op wash.

I have adopted some techniques from this thread recently, putting the ONR in a hand pump sprayer and pre-rinse the car with the solution then follow the same process as above. I have for years put ONR in a spray bottle and use it as a quick detailer/clay lube.

Thread Info