đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Dress them tires meng !

Yeah that was on the agenda today :LOL: Which, speaking of........

Hit the car w/ the graphene ceramic spray today. Also very easy to use, smells just as horrible as the coating, and also rainbows up immediately like the coating as well. I did end up putting this on my windshield and back window, so we'll see how that does w/ the 10 days of rain a year we get here.

However, I pulled it out of the garage, into some sunlight for the first time in 5 days, was looking the car over, and noticed some massive streaks going all the way up the center of my hood. I just must not have wiped that area down good enough, which I don't know how that would've happened, because I know i hit that entire hood when I was wiping the coating off. Tried to see if I could level it out w/ some more of the graphene spray, which didnt work, and wasn't much of a surprise since the car's been sat for almost 24 hours now. And also, of COURSE it was windy outside, and my car was completely covered in a layer of dust within 30 seconds (not an exaggeration), so BACK into the garage I went, which in the garage lighting, its IMPOSSIBLE to see the streaks. I tried every different angle of lighting I could. I got it to where I could KINDA see the streaks at the bottom part of the hood, but I could not get a visual on the top where I saw them the most outside. So I'm working blind. Alright. Pulled out a hand polishing pad, put some polish on it and just very lightly worked over that section of the hood where I saw the streaks (basically right down the center). Got it all wiped up and then re-applied another layer of the graphene coating. After I buffed it all off I couldnt really see the streaks at the bottom of the hood anymore, so I HOPE I was able to correct it, but I'll have no idea until I can get it back out in sun tomorrow. So the car is under quarantine for one more night. I will be driving it to work tomorrow, so we'll finally see what's what. I hope there arent another spots like that.

One thing Im kinda wishing I would have done now, which is one of this coatings party tricks, is that it's UV reactive, so if you hit it w/ a UV flashlight, the coating will "glow" and you can actually see areas that have been coated vs not coated, or if you missed any spots, or if there's any excessive streaks. I just didn't have a UV light and I thought about ordering one, but I just didnt. That probably would've helped me catch that earlier. Oh well. Hopefully there arent any more spots like that, cuz that was massive.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah that was on the agenda today :LOL: Which, speaking of........

Hit the car w/ the graphene ceramic spray today. Also very easy to use, smells just as horrible as the coating, and also rainbows up immediately like the coating as well. I did end up putting this on my windshield and back window, so we'll see how that does w/ the 10 days of rain a year we get here.

However, I pulled it out of the garage, into some sunlight for the first time in 5 days, was looking the car over, and noticed some massive streaks going all the way up the center of my hood. I just must not have wiped that area down good enough, which I don't know how that would've happened, because I know i hit that entire hood when I was wiping the coating off. Tried to see if I could level it out w/ some more of the graphene spray, which didnt work, and wasn't much of a surprise since the car's been sat for almost 24 hours now. And also, of COURSE it was windy outside, and my car was completely covered in a layer of dust within 30 seconds (not an exaggeration), so BACK into the garage I went, which in the garage lighting, its IMPOSSIBLE to see the streaks. I tried every different angle of lighting I could. I got it to where I could KINDA see the streaks at the bottom part of the hood, but I could not get a visual on the top where I saw them the most outside. So I'm working blind. Alright. Pulled out a hand polishing pad, put some polish on it and just very lightly worked over that section of the hood where I saw the streaks (basically right down the center). Got it all wiped up and then re-applied another layer of the graphene coating. After I buffed it all off I couldnt really see the streaks at the bottom of the hood anymore, so I HOPE I was able to correct it, but I'll have no idea until I can get it back out in sun tomorrow. So the car is under quarantine for one more night. I will be driving it to work tomorrow, so we'll finally see what's what. I hope there arent another spots like that.

One thing Im kinda wishing I would have done now, which is one of this coatings party tricks, is that it's UV reactive, so if you hit it w/ a UV flashlight, the coating will "glow" and you can actually see areas that have been coated vs not coated, or if you missed any spots, or if there's any excessive streaks. I just didn't have a UV light and I thought about ordering one, but I just didnt. That probably would've helped me catch that earlier. Oh well. Hopefully there arent any more spots like that, cuz that was massive.

Christ that would chap my ass, I understand your frustration.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Gave the car a good look over today now that I was finally able to get it out in the sun, and thankfully, it seems I was able to correct the streaks I saw in my hood yesterday. There may still be some streaks up near the top of the hood, but you really need the right lighting, and the right angle, and you REALLY have to be looking for it. Definitely was not standing out as horribly as it was yesterday when I saw it. So I'm happy with that. Not like I'm trying to win any trophies w/ this car.

Oh, and check it out y'all!!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Wifey Cherokee got a much needed hand wash. I simply don’t understand how she fucks her carpet up so bad when she has Weather Techs....SMFH.

76D6A9DB-FCE1-428B-9710-008F488F4993.jpeg

D3AD54D1-4752-48E6-A23D-D17C789FF100.jpeg

38A7EC0E-BF62-47EE-B573-5DCA83113E7F.jpeg

16A44438-89E7-45A1-A5C0-C8DBDE26A6FE.jpeg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Did my first hand wash of the season and dried with Megs D156 to hold me over until I have time to do my deep clean, Decon, polish and seal. Had to search for what Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ recommended for P&S Brake buster in the IK foaming sprayers. Used around 8 oz in the IK foam pro 2 I got for Christmas and like it a lot. Still cleans really well and the foaming action makes it cling to the wheels pretty good. Washed my summer wheels and put them on today also.

708247BB-F251-4804-853D-4A69F2DB2863.jpeg

1B9952B1-CB33-42DB-BBEA-DE469A3CC84F.jpeg
6E2FE5AA-6602-46B1-88FA-239D27133008.jpeg

Thread Info