Pingree Grove IL

Reactions: greasy and IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
What’s that pad you are using? Pics and links? You are also using the 3D one?

Looks great so far!

^^^ What Gav said. And yup, those are paired w/ the 3D One

Got my roof done, my trunk lid, and my front drivers fender and decided it was time for beer. Maybe if I actually get out there before 1PM tomorrow I might actually finish polishing the car. I almost kinda have to actually. If I finish it up tomorrow, I can apply the graphene coating on tuesday, let it cure for the required 24 hours, top it w/ the graphene spray on wednesday, and then its back to work on thursday.

Here's a good one. My trunk lid, which was not in great shape.

before

3XaC6gW.jpg

After

28y3UsV.jpg

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

Got my roof done, my trunk lid, and my front drivers fender and decided it was time for beer. Maybe if I actually get out there before 1PM tomorrow I might actually finish polishing the car. I almost kinda have to actually. If I finish it up tomorrow, I can apply the graphene coating on tuesday, let it cure for the required 24 hours, top it w/ the graphene spray on wednesday, and then its back to work on thursday.

before

3XaC6gW.jpg

After

28y3UsV.jpg

Didnt you have a black spoiler?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

before

3XaC6gW.jpg

After

28y3UsV.jpg
Nice work dude!
I'm dreading polishing my Tahoe when the weather gets better. I'm going to take every bit of a whole weekend so I dont kill myself and or my back

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Drivers side is completely done, as is my passenger front fender. I think I'm doing pretty good. Yesterday at this same time I'd only been out there polishing for about an hour and a half :LOL: Now I've got the rest of the day to finish up my passenger side, then its bumpers and the smaller areas/pillars/side skirts i'm saving for the 3" pads.

driver side door before

EsVyz1Z.jpg

after

3G013e6.jpg

You can see whats been finished vs what hasnt

YB6HCuO.jpg

all done

WDMpU77.jpg

passenger fender before

JeYwgTF.jpg

after

UmE34R0.jpg

Welp, back to it.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
IDAFC21 IDAFC21 are you polishing with foam after the uro pad or is this a one step?

I believe he is using the Urofiber 50/50 pad and 3D one

^^^ This. And yeah, basically it's a one step. I have gone back over sections a 2nd time if I felt like it could get better. I know I said I wasn't going for perfection....but....I want perfection :ROFLMAO: But even this combo has its limitations. There are some bigger scratches and scuffs that have plagued my car for awhile that even this stuff couldn't deal with. And that's fine. Everything is fine.

ALMOSTTT done. Just came in for some din din. But all I have left is a small section on my front bumper, and then its just pillars, mirrors, and side skirts. I will finish this tonight. I'm withholding alcohol from myself until I do. Then tomorrow I can just worry about wiping the car down w/ panel prep and getting the coating on, which, THATS the easy part. Once you're done w/ the polishing you're pretty much in the home stretch. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Car is coming out great and getting me excited for the combo! I purchased the 3D One and you have easily convinced me to get the Uro pads. I need new pads anyway. How many pads have you used on the car so far? Does the 3D not produce any dust?!?!?

I used 2 5" pads for the bimmer, 3 MIGHT have been better. I definitely needed more 3" pads, those things saturated quick. I only got 2 of those. And I dont know if it dusts so much as the pads start flinging shit once they get gunked up. Like Gav said w/ an air compressor to blow the pads out every pass you'd probably be golden. I hit them w/ the pad brush each time but I tried keeping it light because I didnt wanna damage the fibers.

Got ALL the polishing done tonight. So tomorrow its coating time!!!! SO much work just to get to this point :ROFLMAO: Definitely pleased with the results thus far tho. Like I said before, this combo, on my car at least, I feel like it was able to clear at least 90-95% of the general swirls and scratches. Some still remain, but I was REALLY getting in w/ the flashlight trying to get the angles to see them. I had to stop myself. Although now it really does put a spotlight back on the bigger scratches I couldn't get rid of :LOL: Oh well. The car is SO much better now.

Christ. I don't care how late it is. I'm drinking now.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Hood, roof, and passenger side are completely coated. Just came inside to get some fresh air. Those fumes, god damn. I wanna leave the garage door cracked open, but of course its windy out, and it keeps blowing dust and debris into the garage and onto the paint as I'm coating it, and I cant have that. So, fumes and possible brain damage it is then. At least I wont need to drink tonight.

This adams graphene coating is definitely super easy to work with tho, not unlike any other ceramic like cquartz. rainbows immediately, and once the rainbows fade i let it sit for just a little longer until its a little tacky and it wipes off easily.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
For me, it depends on the vehicle size and condition of the paint and what pad / product is being used.

MF cutting pads can get dirty fast. Even with blowing them out, once they start to get gray or yellowish I change them out.
Foam pads can be used a bit longer.

on an average size sedan, I would say 3-4 panels. The hood, roof and trunk may pull more dead/oxidized paint/material than doors etc

I watch for reduced effectiveness. I've finish polished a vehicle using 2 orange LC polishing pads and Blackfire one step.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
She coated!

mOzkQ65.jpg

Gonna let it sit overnight, and then finish it off w/ the graphene ceramic spray topper tomorrow. I did apply the coating to my side windows and sunroof, but for the windshield and back window I've had carpro flyby30 window coating sitting here forever that i've been wanting to try, so that will be applied, and we'll see how it compares w/ the side windows, but I don't know if it'll happen tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

Just so glad I got this done before the weather turns hot. It's not perfect, but god it looks so much better than it did. Cars really get beat to shit out here by the dust/heat/sun. Oddly enough, even tho I've been working on this car since friggin saturday, I'm sore.......but I'm not THAT sore. Which is nice. and Spotify really got me thru this weekend. I kept changing it up between 90s alternative, and 90s/early 2000s rap........and I can neither confirm nor deny that I was listing to viking music while coating my car today to keep me motivated.

Thread Info