đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Does it last longer/more effective coming out of a foamer?

I supposed there is an argument both ways. Here are some observations I have made:
Well maintained wheels don't required a wheel cleaner but for the cost of BB, why not ? It is non acid and is said to have a rust inhibitor.
With that said, well maintained wheels wouldn't require this stuff at full strength ( spray bottle ).
I use it in the large iK foam 9, I add 8 oz of BB to about a gallon of water. Using it on the tires, wheel face and the barrels, I would say 1 container should get you 12 to 16 wheels.
or 3-4 washes.
The coverage in a foamer is more uniform and should allow for more dwell time. The foamers come with 3 tips, wet, standard and dry as far as the type of foam. I use the orange tip which is the WET foam. Don't let this fool you, it is still plenty thick. Does the foam provide more lubrication than just spraying it on ? Perhaps, this goes back to the coverage idea.

I still like to use car wash in a bucket of water for my brushes etc. Obsessed garage foams the wheel and tire and uses his wheel cleaning tools "dry." He uses the pressure washer to rinse the tools as he is going but no additional bucket of soapy water.

If the wheel was really dirty, I would use it straight up in a spray bottle.
For my vehicles and the few that I maintain, I enjoy using the foamer.

I modified my iK9, drilled a hole and installed a valve stem to pressurize it with a compressor. The new iK12 already has one installed.
If you opt for a iK 1.5 or the new iK foam 2.0, you will be hand pumping yourself to death.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Stop looking for an excuse on why not to buy a foamer. Just buy it and be done with it, one of the best things I bought imo

Stop it with your fucking logic SHAWN!

i have both 1.5 and the 9 Jim, if you want to see the output before buying.

What one should I pick up for this application? I trust your input.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I supposed there is an argument both ways. Here are some observations I have made:
Well maintained wheels don't required a wheel cleaner but for the cost of BB, why not ? It is non acid and is said to have a rust inhibitor.
With that said, well maintained wheels wouldn't require this stuff at full strength ( spray bottle ).
I use it in the large iK foam 9, I add 8 oz of BB to about a gallon of water. Using it on the tires, wheel face and the barrels, I would say 1 container should get you 12 to 16 wheels.
or 3-4 washes.
The coverage in a foamer is more uniform and should allow for more dwell time. The foamers come with 3 tips, wet, standard and dry as far as the type of foam. I use the orange tip which is the WET foam. Don't let this fool you, it is still plenty thick. Does the foam provide more lubrication than just spraying it on ? Perhaps, this goes back to the coverage idea.

I still like to use car wash in a bucket of water for my brushes etc. Obsessed garage foams the wheel and tire and uses his wheel cleaning tools "dry." He uses the pressure washer to rinse the tools as he is going but no additional bucket of soapy water.

If the wheel was really dirty, I would use it straight up in a spray bottle.
For my vehicles and the few that I maintain, I enjoy using the foamer.

I modified my iK9, drilled a hole and installed a valve stem to pressurize it with a compressor. The new iK12 already has one installed.
If you opt for a iK 1.5 or the new iK foam 2.0, you will be hand pumping yourself to death.

Missed this post and thank you! I don't mind pumping as I am not detailing to make money. I am not trying to spend close to a $100 on a foamer, I was thinking more in the $40 make you holla range.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Missed this post and thank you! I don't mind pumping as I am not detailing to make money. I am not trying to spend close to a $100 on a foamer, I was thinking more in the $40 make you holla range.

The Foam 2.0 should work for what you want it to do

• Love

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Fucking guy links the unit at the rag company and is going to make me buy some microfibers now!

giphy.gif

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
If you want to buy MF towels or anything else from their site no worries meng
but
if you insist

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The edgeless 365 is a good all around towel. TRC offers it at wholesale, 200 towels for $190.
at $1.05 a towel thats not bad.
considering they sell a 5 pack for $11
I was thinking maybe 2 different towels, I'd be down for whatever though. If we are saving a few bucks and getting a good amount.

I like where this is going. The edgless 365 looks good, what other towel you thinking Shawn?

Thread Info