đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Have any of you tried any of the new CarPro products?
I use the Iron X and it's amazing. I have watched videos on their tar remover and it looks pretty awesome. They just came out with a Iron X/Tar X combo.
They also make CQuartz which is a ceramic coating...
One of these days I also want to try out the Opti-coat coating.

I also forgot to mention how well Folex works as a carpet cleaner and it's cheap. I used a few different ones including the Adams carpet and upholstry cleaner and it actually made the interior worse.

Never had any problems with adams carppet cleaner. Always works wonders for me and works great in a extractor too.

anyone ever done any boats? how should i base price for detailing a boat?

never done one before but my loyal customer i have right now wants me to do his 24ft boat. ive done 6 of his cars now and hes bringing me the boat this weekend. how should i base pricing? $/sq ft? what should a 24ft boat full detail run someone ? i dont wanna be to high but not tooo low that i lose out, tho it really will just all be labor and no need to buy more product as im stocked up.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora

never done one before but my loyal customer i have right now wants me to do his 24ft boat. ive done 6 of his cars now and hes bringing me the boat this weekend. how should i base pricing? $/sq ft? what should a 24ft boat full detail run someone ? i dont wanna be to high but not tooo low that i lose out, tho it really will just all be labor and no need to buy more product as im stocked up.

Are you buffing it? That Gel coat will take a lot longer than a car will. Do you have marine wax?

you may be all stocked up on products, but don't forget to factor what you use into an estimate cause when it's gone, you ARE gonna have to buy more. I have screwed myself many times with that thinking. Once you starting thinking of it as giving away your money to the person that is supposed to being paying you, makes it a little easier to charge em for your stuff.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
303 looks good on the interior of the camaro. from the pictures i have seen on other forums, i was under the impression it would be more of a matte finish. but it's not TOO shiny.

cleaned dash and interior panels with woolite....water was dirty afterwards.

cleaned and conditioned the leather too......woolite to clean and blue magic leather conditioner.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Instead of a new thread I figured I'd ask here.
Any suggestions on how to get paint transfer off my car
ad0bbf59.jpg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I have a ton of product that is half used because I like to try new stuff all the time. There for I will just do a quick list of what I normally use

Compound and polish
M105
M205

Wax
Surf City Garage in the summer
Collinate 845 in the winter

Simple Green for basic de-greasing and wheel cleaning

Detailer
Duragloss Aqua Wax - I like this better especially on black
Meguiars Final Inspection

Tires and Ext trim
Meguiars high endurance tire gel