đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I use a duster. I don't care. You don't know what its like out here, man. I'm in the shit ? I am NOT quick detailing and wiping my entire car down every single day. Especially on a daily driver that's outside pretty much all day. I'll take the hit on my paint.

yeah, if its BAD I wont. And i usually use my leaf blower first to get as much loose surface dust off as i can first. But yeah. LIGHT surface dust, I'll use a duster all day. You can't live w/out one out here.

Suppose I'm a little lucky, I have cars that don't really show a lot of swirls unless you're REALLY looking at them or they're in direct sunlight. But yeah. I'll dust all day.
Fuck it. I would too. Lol. If swirl marks and micro scratches don’t show up.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Do any of you guys use distilled water or have a water softener?

I use distilled water when diluting products in normal spray bottles.
No softener @ home.
Since I added the Obsessed garage garden hose quick disconnects, I removed the CAMCO RV filter on the hose spigot

Reactions: IDAFC21 and Marko

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I use distilled water when diluting products in normal spray bottles.
No softener @ home.
Since I added the Obsessed garage garden hose quick disconnects, I removed the CAMCO RV filter on the hose spigot
Pretty much the same for me. I buy gallons of distilled water for diluting purposes. No softener at home either.

Reactions: IDAFC21

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I use a duster. I don't care. You don't know what its like out here, man. I'm in the shit ? I am NOT quick detailing and wiping my entire car down every single day. Especially on a daily driver that's outside pretty much all day. I'll take the hit on my paint.

yeah, if its BAD I wont. And i usually use my leaf blower first to get as much loose surface dust off as i can first. But yeah. LIGHT surface dust, I'll use a duster all day. You can't live w/out one out here.

Suppose I'm a little lucky, I have cars that don't really show a lot of swirls unless you're REALLY looking at them or they're in direct sunlight. But yeah. I'll dust all day.
I need to get a duster. You are exactly right and I shouldn’t worry about the tiny scratches either. I will detail my car in the evening and the next morning there will be a layer of dust forming… absolutely pisses me off

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Natalie Portman GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Aron and SleeperLS

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Get a pump sprayer, mix up some rinseless wash solution. Coat the car in it, then hose it off. Would probably take an extra 5 minutes and would get more dirt/dust off.
If I had something of higher value, maybe. For this car and truck, nah.

Aside from the fact that I don’t have the $$$ it’s a main reason I don’t have a “nicer” car. It sits outside 365 so I have to keep my expectations realistic.

Reactions: blue-sun

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
You guys live in bubbles, afraid of the contact from the world.

Why not put your cars in them as well
I’ve got some rock chips and shit on my red paint behind the tires. On the bottom of the fenders and doors. Only reason I notice because I owned the car for 5 years.
2018 was a good year for Camaros. It has a good paint job too. I’m just a little OCD about my nice cars.
Edit: Always have “sandblasting” in front of my left rear tire too on several cars. Wtf.

Some guys use those rock guards and side skirts. Fuck those. ZL1addons sells them.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I don’t know if I will be able to bring myself to actually use a duster to be honest. But the dust does suck massive donkey dick out here. By the time I am done wiping down my car, there is already dust and crap on the top surfaces of the vehicle. It is heart breaking.

Seriously, it so deflating to be cleaning your car, and watching it get dusty AS youre cleaning it, even if you're closed up in the fucking garage

I'm over it. Let the swirls come. I'll polish them out once or twice a year and enjoy having exactly 1 day of pristine paint, before I take it out of the garage and immediately ruin everything for another year :ROFLMAO:

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Seriously, it so deflating to be cleaning your car, and watching it get dusty AS youre cleaning it, even if you're closed up in the fucking garage

I'm over it. Let the swirls come. I'll polish them out once or twice a year and enjoy having exactly 1 day of pristine paint, before I take it out of the garage and immediately ruin everything for another year :ROFLMAO:
Wow dude. I’ll keep the Chicago winters I hate more as I get older than put up with that shit. And Obviously the fucking heat in AZ.

• Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21

Thread Info