đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My car was in desperate need of a good buff and polish. I used meguiars M105 and 205 on foam pad and seemed to work well. Pics are just raw paint with no top coat and it looks good. Last pic was some skeet skeet on the door ?
01172E06-AC80-4FE2-B408-C957B48DB8A8.jpeg
C900CCAC-A26F-413F-A126-C26AD6CD749E.jpeg
0B0D46AC-BA24-4407-9BA6-2664AC94FABF.jpeg
7B537CDA-772B-4547-A7BC-9382950D0757.jpeg
FC70F3C5-ADCA-4C2C-AF1B-BC14D50BDFC3.jpeg

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
A detail spray isn't going to scratch. What scratches is using a detail spray with anything other than a quality microfiber that's been sprayed with said detail spray
I thought so too.
I heard that some QD sprays can scratch. The paint must have more than just dust on it, If someone claims a spray will scratch.
I use Griot’s speed shine and microfiber cloths. And rag company.

So, none of you guys use a duster? either

Also, dust shouldn’t stick if you use good wax. The ceramic 3 n 1 I’m sure would prevent dust. Especially if you drive the car around the block.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Cool. Thanks. Wolfgang waterless wash says right on the bottle we can use as a QD too. lol.

Most rinseless wash products have different dilution ratios for Rinseless, Waterless, Clay lube and Quick Detailer

I use California duster on my Trans Am. Never noticed anything left behind. Then I spray detail depending on where I am at. Not touching a thing if I am at a cruise night in 90 degree sun.

How many times have you washed the 'mop?'

Reactions: blue-sun

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Yup. I looked it up. https://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wg-uber-sio2-rinseless.html#

“Perfect for maintenance, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can be used to keep your ceramic coated surfaces looking good as new. Plus, when diluted correctly, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can also be used as a waterless wash, a detail spray, a clay lubricant, and a car wash additive! To make it waterless wash, at 1/3 ounce to 16 ounces of water. For a clay lubricant, add 1 ounce to a gallon of water. If you want to make it a detail spray, add 3 ounces to a gallon of water. And finally, if you want to add lubricity to another car wash, add ½ ounce to another soap. It’s basically a 5-in-1 product.

Most rinseless wash products have different dilution ratios for Rinseless, Waterless, Clay lube and Quick Detailer

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Yup. I looked it up. https://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wg-uber-sio2-rinseless.html#

“Perfect for maintenance, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can be used to keep your ceramic coated surfaces looking good as new. Plus, when diluted correctly, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can also be used as a waterless wash, a detail spray, a clay lubricant, and a car wash additive! To make it waterless wash, at 1/3 ounce to 16 ounces of water. For a clay lubricant, add 1 ounce to a gallon of water. If you want to make it a detail spray, add 3 ounces to a gallon of water. And finally, if you want to add lubricity to another car wash, add ½ ounce to another soap. It’s basically a 5-in-1 product.

I have a gallon of this, love how it works and smells great too.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I use a duster. I don't care. You don't know what its like out here, man. I'm in the shit ? I am NOT quick detailing and wiping my entire car down every single day. Especially on a daily driver that's outside pretty much all day. I'll take the hit on my paint.

yeah, if its BAD I wont. And i usually use my leaf blower first to get as much loose surface dust off as i can first. But yeah. LIGHT surface dust, I'll use a duster all day. You can't live w/out one out here.

Suppose I'm a little lucky, I have cars that don't really show a lot of swirls unless you're REALLY looking at them or they're in direct sunlight. But yeah. I'll dust all day.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Thread Info