• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've wanted to get something setup for a few years now. We have probably a dozen people on this site that snowmobile if not more. My idea would be a 2 to 4 day trip. OR 1 to 3 nights, however you want to look at it. I have two options I want to present. A "Bar Crawl" type tour or a "Overnight" tour. We would need to stay in a larger town that has hotels as it is easier to book with a group and they have no minimum night restrictions. Also these places have spots to rent a sled if needed.

Now the bar crawl would be us spending the night in the same location and doing localized riding to various establishments. I was thinking Hurley or Eagle River as a basecamp. Id say a lot of stopping and not a lot a ton of riding. Probably like most of the trips we go on. Days can be flexible.

Overnight would be backpacking on sled to a destination(s) The tow rigs will stay at one location the entire weekend and anything you want to bring must be transported by sled. Days can also be flexible. I like the overnight option better and its something I never done so I will post a more detailed idea for this option. Obviously the itinerary can be changed a bit with days and times.

Day 1 (Friday) - Arrive in Eagle River Friday night or earlier check into hotel.
Day 2 (Saturday) - Depart Eagle River WI and ride to Calumet, MI.
Day 3 (Sunday) - Depart Calumet, MI and ride to Ironwood/Hurley.
Day 4 (Monday) - Depart Ironwood/Hurley and ride to Eagle River, WI

Eagle River to Calumet and Calumet to Hurley/Ironwood is a indicated 120miles by car so maybe 175 by sled? It would require us to leave early and ride at a pretty good pace. But these trails are generally straight and fast in the UP. Hurley/Ironwood to Eagle River is 75 miles by car. Maybe 125 by sled. If we leave early we would arrive back in Eagle River afternoon sometime. 5.5ish ride home. Again leaving early would be the key. If we arrive at our destinations at a reasonable hour we might have time to take in a few local places. Could make this also into a Eagle River to Calumet or Hurley/Ironwood to Calumet trip with only 1 overnight stop. It really depends on how early people want to get up and how tired you want to be driving home. :rofl:

VOTE IN THE POLL

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

:nice:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If all goes to plan, I'll have an extra sled I might be willing to rent out on the cheap for a trip like this.

As for the poll, I voted overnight because I haven't done something like that yet and I think it'd be a riot. But if I'm on a sled, I'll do whatever. I just wanna ride!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Dates, cost, and trip type.

I'm assuming next year so that's better as I have used all my vacation for this year. I have no concept for what sled rental and anything else that would be needed runs, and last we wouldn't commit to an overnight type run as our first excursion.

Thread Info