TCG boats & hoes discussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean dude is a billionaire

I don’t think any of us can fathom what a billion dollars is. You don’t need to worry about making more wealth at that point, you just need to preserve capital and you don’t do that by sticking it in the bank. Prob got a couple hundo million in hedge funds, you just buy things like a professional sports team because they are massively expensive and hold their value, private jets, random businesses for the simple fact you like their products.

Average dude like us: yeah I really like flying so I’m going to invest $100/year in card fees to have the top Southwest card and accumulate enough points to take a few flights

billionaire: I really like flying but hate people and airports and the whole schtick. Should prob buy 3-4 jets to have around so I can be comfortable and ready to travel on a moments notice. I’ll start a jet charter service instead of owning a plane myself and it just happens to throw off a few million in profit every year

so true :rofl: i was just reading a quote as to dana mekeemmms reasoning behind buying a jet

Then I had a flight from O’Hare. It took me two hours to drive to the airport. I’m in the security line for an hour, get pulled out for a pat down in a private room and that takes a while, and finally I get to the gate, where I decide to use mileage to upgrade to first class. They tell me I owe $5.43 tax but they won’t let me pay them. They say I have to go back to ticketing and come through security again. So I refuse and tell the gate agent to call security because either I’m getting on the plane in first class or I’m going to jail. Meanwhile, the plane is delayed an hour for some other reason, and finally they let me on. We back up from the tarmac and sit there for two hours. So my two-and-a-half-hour flight winds up taking nine hours when you count the drive to the airport.

When we land, my phone rings. It’s the guy with the jet with “N5OLD” on it. I bought it.
It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We get to a lot of business we wouldn’t otherwise get because of the time factor. I can leave home in the morning, call on a piece of business, and be home for dinner, a trip that used to take three days on the airlines. And the worst thing is to be ready to close a deal with a customer and have to say, “Sorry, I have to leave to catch my plane.”

I’m 63 now. Money isn’t as important as quality of life. Sure, you think of the extra business you can get to with a plane, but nothing beats just getting home every night.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
I mean dude is a billionaire

I don’t think any of us can fathom what a billion dollars is. You don’t need to worry about making more wealth at that point, you just need to preserve capital and you don’t do that by sticking it in the bank.

Exactly..
20201112_115709.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
competition for fuel on the chain is the best. 89 octane for typically only 30-40 cents more than on land price is sweet.
But there’s always that cheap fuck at the marina you see shuttling 10 2.5gal cans out of his trunk to his boat to save $3

I wasn't a big fan of fishing when I was a child, but two years ago my friend suggested me joining him and I liked it. So, I bought a trolling boat this summer, though it is used and I need to replace a motor battery. Here I ask for the help of experienced people. Having looked through a review of the quality batteries https://trollingmotorsguide.com/best-trolling-motor-battery-reviews/, I decided that The VMAX MR127 MA would be the best choice. The price is affordable and it can run a boat for hours. The only disadvantage is its weight, it is heavy. Does it matter much? Should I look for another battery?

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Boat batteries are heavy unless you spend thousands on lithium. Don’t worry about weight.

what voltage trolling motor, how many pounds of thrust, how many amp hours is the battery rated for and how long do you plan or want to be using it at one time without having to charge batteries? If you’ve got that all figured out and the battery sized to meet what requirements you have, you’re good to go.

there are only a couple manufacturers of batteries, everyone throws their sticker on to rebrand.

most important thing to do is maintain the battery on a tender to keep it alive as long as possible. If the battery gets stored in the cold over winter, I’ve never had one last 3 years that I’d trust. I’ve been in fishing trips twice in the last 4 years where had to drop $250+ on batteries that were kaput.

Reactions: Andrew222
Boat batteries are heavy unless you spend thousands on lithium. Don’t worry about weight.

what voltage trolling motor, how many pounds of thrust, how many amp hours is the battery rated for and how long do you plan or want to be using it at one time without having to charge batteries? If you’ve got that all figured out and the battery sized to meet what requirements you have, you’re good to go.

there are only a couple manufacturers of batteries, everyone throws their sticker on to rebrand.

most important thing to do is maintain the battery on a tender to keep it alive as long as possible. If the battery gets stored in the cold over winter, I’ve never had one last 3 years that I’d trust. I’ve been in fishing trips twice in the last 4 years where had to drop $250+ on batteries that were kaput.
You helped me a lot! Thanks!

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Thread Info