OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Damn going full legit huh. So much for that small fishing boat. :rofl:
Eh, this is more a replacement for the kayaks. Except not replacing them. Just more practical so I can bring the gf and dog along.

im not ready to commit to storage and registration expenses of a trailer and boat quite yet.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Jared has gone full circle this is how the boating starts again.

He started with a Yak before, then went waverunner, then Offshore Drilling 1, then Offshore Drilling 2.

We can expect another go fast boat very soon...
Kayak 1
Kayak 2
Kayak 3
Sell kayak 1
Offshore Drilling
Waverunner
Sell waverunner
Sell OffshoreDrilling
OffshoreDrilling 2
Sell OffshoreDrilling 2
Canoe

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Fishing boat will be next addition. Or a pontoon.

gf and I are wanting to buy a place on the lake my buddy lives on down in Morris. If we end up doing that, I’ll buy a toon with a 9.9 on it first thing.
There’s places on the Kankakee river not far from there that would probably be cheaper,

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I want nothing to do with flooding and flood insurance. I know exactly where you’re talking about, right behind Dresden
It’s just not much land, they can’t let that area flood very bad because the cooling lake butts up against It, I’ve never herd of anyone over there getting water up to their house, not to say it couldn’t happen, I would have already bought something over there if the lots were big enough for a building

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I want nothing to do with flooding and flood insurance. I know exactly where you’re talking about, right behind Dresden

My biggest regret.

These 100 year floods happen every decade and these 10 year floods happen every year. I don't have it as bad as people in Port Barrington Or McHenry on the Lower but I still have water in my lawn more than I was expecting. Seemed to get worse right after I moved in. :rofl: Climate change, poor management of the fox waterway, silt in the river, IDK. I don't think it will get any better. The flood insurance is mandatory as long as you have a mortgage and is based in your location and elevation survey. You have to pay based on the amount you still owe on the house so it will go down eventually but rate increases pretty much guaranty you don't ever see it go down. I think my rate has went up $100 a year since I moved in. I wouldn't mind paying for flood insurance but it is absolutely useless if I wanted to make a claim. Does not cover landscaping, lower levels, and has a $10K deductible. Pretty much they only going to pay if you house gets washed down the river. That's a government program for you. I love the location and the fact that I actually have water frontage unlike 80% of the homes on the chain right next to each other. Bought the house below market value on a short sale so not not a very good comparison but houses on the Cary side (off flood plain) were asking $100K more for a similar house. I could pay off two mortgages before that difference was made up in flood insurance. You still have to deal with floods and high water when you are off the flood plain also. My buddy chris off Rawson Bridge road is high and dry but needs to remove his lift and pier during floods or it gets smashed with debris.

Bottom line if you want to live on the water its something you need to be OK with dealing with.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My biggest regret.

These 100 year floods happen every decade and these 10 year floods happen every year. I don't have it as bad as people in Port Barrington Or McHenry on the Lower but I still have water in my lawn more than I was expecting. Seemed to get worse right after I moved in. :rofl: Climate change, poor management of the fox waterway, silt in the river, IDK. I don't think it will get any better. The flood insurance is mandatory as long as you have a mortgage and is based in your location and elevation survey. You have to pay based on the amount you still owe on the house so it will go down eventually but rate increases pretty much guaranty you don't ever see it go down. I think my rate has went up $100 a year since I moved in. I wouldn't mind paying for flood insurance but it is absolutely useless if I wanted to make a claim. Does not cover landscaping, lower levels, and has a $10K deductible. Pretty much they only going to pay if you house gets washed down the river. That's a government program for you. I love the location and the fact that I actually have water frontage unlike 80% of the homes on the chain right next to each other. Bought the house below market value on a short sale so not not a very good comparison but houses on the Cary side (off flood plain) were asking $100K more for a similar house. I could pay off two mortgages before that difference was made up in flood insurance. You still have to deal with floods and high water when you are off the flood plain also. My buddy chris off Rawson Bridge road is high and dry but needs to remove his lift and pier during floods or it gets smashed with debris.

Bottom line if you want to live on the water its something you need to be OK with dealing with.
If you buy a house in a flood zone that is...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
"dealing with high water issues" how?

not being able to boat for 3-4 weeks in april when it's 52* and raining?

real rough. :rofl:

water in yards
docks underwater
damage from erosion
boats carried off lifts
damage to docks or lifts or boats from current/ debris.
closed or restricted waterways
roads flooded
etc

no waterfront property is invisible to this shit. flood plain or not.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
water in yards
docks underwater
damage from erosion
boats carried off lifts
damage to docks or lifts or boats from current/ debris.
closed or restricted waterways
roads flooded
etc

no waterfront property is invisible to this shit. flood plain or not.

it's amazing what you can manage to whine about.

you bought a house in a flood zone, you signed documents knowing you were buying a house in a flood zone, you knew you'd have yearly flood insurance to pay... :rofl:

MORE THAN PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNTY of houses on the chain do not get water in their yards, do not have docks go under water, have good seawalls to elimate erosion.
You're a complete idiot if your boat gets carried off your lift, damage to docks? how? have a decent dock :rofl:, closed or restricted? like i said? a whole 3-4 weeks out of this spring- many waterways don't deal with that?

roads flooded? how is this a direct waterway issue. :rofl:

there's legit nothing to "deal with" for a LOT of waterfront properties.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
it's amazing what you can manage to whine about.

you bought a house in a flood zone, you signed documents knowing you were buying a house in a flood zone, you knew you'd have yearly flood insurance to pay... :rofl:

MORE THAN PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNTY of houses on the chain do not get water in their yards, do not have docks go under water, have good seawalls to elimate erosion.
You're a complete idiot if your boat gets carried off your lift, damage to docks? how? have a decent dock :rofl:, closed or restricted? like i said? a whole 3-4 weeks out of this spring- many waterways don't deal with that?

roads flooded? how is this a direct waterway issue. :rofl:

there's legit nothing to "deal with" for a LOT of waterfront properties.

I said the flooding was my biggest regret. Not whining. I accepted those risks. Just pissed that the flooding now comes at a greater frequency than neighbors and other waterfront homeowners have said historically. Yeah you might find property/homes without those issues but all waterfront property CAN have those and other water related issues. It can also come down to money. You can spend more money and have less risks in some instances.

Take the home in Kankakee I visited for example. Home was well above the river but they couldn't live in it for 4 months because roads leading to it were flooded. Issue with living on the waterfront for sure.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I said the flooding was my biggest regret. Not whining. I accepted those risks. Just pissed that the flooding now comes at a greater frequency than neighbors and other waterfront homeowners have said historically. Yeah you might find property/homes without those issues but all waterfront property CAN have those and other water related issues. It can also come down to money. You can spend more money and have less risks in some instances.

Take the home in Kankakee I visited for example. Home was well above the river but they couldn't live in it for 4 months because roads leading to it were flooded. Issue with living on the waterfront for sure.

some homes, not all.

the end. :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

117919927_10218748921775599_5865726499730258155_o.jpg

117823335_10218748920895577_3324357606767895058_o.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Holy FUCK is it a mess trying to register a canoe. I can’t make god damn sense of what forms I need.

fucking sales tax form you can only get from the state because it HAS to be a physical carbon copy

dont have a bill of sale either to even transfer ownership and have no idea what year this thing is

Reactions: PANDA

Thread Info