TCG boats & hoes discussion

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Question for all the boaters here, I get that I/O motors are pretty much car motors 305,350,454ci and larger and depending on who makes them / resells them as in merc, Why is that every boat for sale that is over 5-7 years old says a short block installed? Do boats eat these motors up?

just a newbie on boats, as I would like to get one in the near future.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Question for all the boaters here, I get that I/O motors are pretty much car motors 305,350,454ci and larger and depending on who makes them / resells them as in merc, Why is that every boat for sale that is over 5-7 years old says a short block installed? Do boats eat these motors up?

just a newbie on boats, as I would like to get one in the near future.

they shouldn't necessarily eat them up.

any links to what you're seeing?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

just a few examples and not in price range that I’m looking to spend.

Does salt water have anything to do with the short life on some motors? I get the manifolds and risers Due to water cooling and rust, but long/short blocks ?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

just a few examples and not in price range that I’m looking to spend.

Does salt water have anything to do with the short life on some motors? I get the manifolds and risers Due to water cooling and rust, but long/short blocks ?

oh

i forgot you were in florida.

that's why.

saltwater is bad.

Reactions: 1quick

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I think I will stay away from I/O boats and go outboard.

but this !

We are looking for something to get the family and friends out on, sand bar hoping, snorkeling, some fishing, Inter coastal Crusing, some gulf when it’s calm etc. so maybe a pontoon, cabin cuddy style.
Fixed lol

Reactions: Jon01 and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

More than 900 boats on Sunday traveled from the Stratton Lock and Dam in McHenry and across the Chain O’ Lakes in a show of support for President Donald Trump.

The display was one of several that took place throughout the country over the Labor Day weekend. Trump, who has publicly celebrated the “beautiful boaters” among his fanbase, retweeted several videos of boat parades in Florida and California as they unfolded.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1599652066867.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lol, not sure but that would be funny.

JB does have one of the baddest wood boats that I’ve ever seen made by Van Dam. He pulled it out (one of the slips missing the canvas) as the rumor was that someone threatened to blow it up.

:rofl: fuckers got two van dams... :rofl:

theodora is for sure his, the don don is what he got caught speeding on and bigger money but i dont know the name

1599748579626.png

1599748638444.png

Thread Info