TCG boats & hoes discussion

So here's a dumb question, When negotiating on prices, how much do you figure for a trailer? I found a 22 foot Cobalt Bowrider, with a newer motor, 225 hrs, new stereo, and I have actually be on the boat this past summer--it's my bosses old boat. When he traded it, he kept his trailer and they put it on a single axle trailer, with no brakes. So for the combination, they want 9k. I know they paid 4800 for it. I'd like to put in an offer but don't want to be a douche who lowballs because i don't know how much trailers cost.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
all the beaches were packed and i was idling in about 5 foot of water looking at a sandy beach prospect making sure there were no rocks and the motor stopped I raised it up and there was a full fuckin lawn chair one with the arm rest and cup holders and what not, i had to jump in and cut it off, I wish it was with the cleaver prop I wouldn't have even noticed it lol

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I sucked up a tow rope some one lost in the river, it wasn't a fun experience.

yup. i sucked up a tow rope on my jet ski last year. it wrapped around the driveshaft so tight i went from 40mph to engine killed. i pushed it to shore and spend 3 hours with it on it's side cutting the rope out with a pocket knife.

yup. i sucked up a tow rope on my jet ski last year. it wrapped around the driveshaft so tight i went from 40mph to engine killed. i pushed it to shore and spend 3 hours with it on it's side cutting the rope out with a pocket knife.

Yeah, same thing happened with me. It was black/brown camo colored, and it was just floating there, and I noticed the motor lug, and I should have stopped it, but didn't. It wrapped a good 20' up before it killed the motor. Luckily we were buy a sand bar, so a buddy, pulled me over and had tools to take off the prop, because the rope was also wound behind the prop. It was a mess. I really think they should only make tow ropes in neon colors.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
we need to have a boat meet at a beach this summer

IN

Financing is weird on boats... like who gets approved and who doesn't. Additionally insurance is really cheap relatively speaking.

I'm paying $90/ year for insurance on my boat... friggin awesome.

offshoreonly.com

:werd: OSO is a good forum for info and classifides, but most of the threads turn into fail rather quickly.

thechicagodock.com

:rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
1quick98_gs, how do you like it on the river? Ive only been out there a couple of times. Im kinda considering keeping a boat out there as another option. I can get away with a lot smaller(cheaper) boat, a cheaper slip, and cheaper storage. The thing i dont like is being limited to the area of the river between whatever locks you are between. You can also ski/wakeboard/tube a lot easier than lake michigan.

Thread Info