Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So based on a solid idea from Emerson, starting in December, I will be doing monthly Battlegrounds threads. Heres how it works:

Once a month, I will pick two member cars (either from the forum or from our FB group) and pit them against each other to see who can get the most votes. The winner will get shared on our FB Page (which is starting to get good attention again).

Voting will happen on both the forum and the FB group, but I will use the forum as the main hub (and I will carry over FB votes to the main poll on here).

Heres what spawned this idea - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/fo...tcg-battlegrounds-november-ctc-vs-greasy.html

Soo, heres how we start. If you want your car to be up for consideration, PM me a GOOD picture of it (or message me on FB). One that clearly shows your car and is not blocked by others :mamoru: For the FB folks, I'll start a pinned post to submit cars on there.

This wont start until 12/1, so we can use this thread to fine tune everything.

But that is the gist.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Should we runt his a full month? Or a week or two? I would imagine voting would die down fairly quick, unless there is another big discussion like Alex / Jim.

I can of course promote all month on FB but I dunno if that will result in THAT much more voting.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Good idea, something fresh! Just as an opinion is to just use two new cars every month, the loser can resubmit for another chance down the line. I only suggest this as not many people will want to see the same car up there for more then a month, so they would automatically vote for the ne one it’s going against. In this case, whoever that one is will probably always be the winner. Hope that makes sense.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I actually think fair is relative. I really strange comparison might get some crazy feedback.

If you go the champion stays in for the next month I'd give them a max of three wins then auto retirement.

Also midly modded cars or stock cars that aren't common should be considered.

Or hell even a beater with a heater showdown could be hilarious. It's all how it gets framed.

So far though, this is basically what I was thinking. :bigthumb:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So far, I've received zero entries lol.
I actually think fair is relative. I really strange comparison might get some crazy feedback.

If you go the champion stays in for the next month I'd give them a max of three wins then auto retirement.

Also midly modded cars or stock cars that aren't common should be considered.

Or hell even a beater with a heater showdown could be hilarious. It's all how it gets framed.

So far though, this is basically what I was thinking. :bigthumb:

Thread Info