TCG Battlegrounds - Info

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So based on a solid idea from Emerson, starting in December, I will be doing monthly Battlegrounds threads. Heres how it works:

Once a month, I will pick two member cars (either from the forum or from our FB group) and pit them against each other to see who can get the most votes. The winner will get shared on our FB Page (which is starting to get good attention again).

Voting will happen on both the forum and the FB group, but I will use the forum as the main hub (and I will carry over FB votes to the main poll on here).

Heres what spawned this idea - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/automotive-discussions/166242-tcg-battlegrounds-november-ctc-vs-greasy.html

Soo, heres how we start. If you want your car to be up for consideration, PM me a GOOD picture of it (or message me on FB). One that clearly shows your car and is not blocked by others :mamoru: For the FB folks, I'll start a pinned post to submit cars on there.

This wont start until 12/1, so we can use this thread to fine tune everything.

But that is the gist.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Should we runt his a full month? Or a week or two? I would imagine voting would die down fairly quick, unless there is another big discussion like Alex / Jim.

I can of course promote all month on FB but I dunno if that will result in THAT much more voting.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Probably just a week would be plenty of time, maybe give the winner of the month the banner picture or Facebook tcg page picture till the next battle

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe I'll do the first two weeks of the month are for voting. Winner then becomes the banner of our FB page. Then gives me two weeks for entries, then repeat.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Good idea, something fresh! Just as an opinion is to just use two new cars every month, the loser can resubmit for another chance down the line. I only suggest this as not many people will want to see the same car up there for more then a month, so they would automatically vote for the ne one it’s going against. In this case, whoever that one is will probably always be the winner. Hope that makes sense.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I can get behind that. Thats the kind of feedback I'm looking for :)

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe for December (2019), the final battleground will be all the previous winners fighting for 2019 supremacy.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Sure, why not. Id just have to make sure I have something fair to pair it against.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I actually think fair is relative. I really strange comparison might get some crazy feedback.

If you go the champion stays in for the next month I'd give them a max of three wins then auto retirement.

Also midly modded cars or stock cars that aren't common should be considered.

Or hell even a beater with a heater showdown could be hilarious. It's all how it gets framed.

So far though, this is basically what I was thinking. :bigthumb:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So far, I've received zero entries lol.
I actually think fair is relative. I really strange comparison might get some crazy feedback.

If you go the champion stays in for the next month I'd give them a max of three wins then auto retirement.

Also midly modded cars or stock cars that aren't common should be considered.

Or hell even a beater with a heater showdown could be hilarious. It's all how it gets framed.

So far though, this is basically what I was thinking. :bigthumb:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Buuuut it's the weekend so I'm not surprised.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Phil said he was in. Just hasn't officially entered.

Yeah it's the weekend.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Maybe we need a TCG Battlegrounds forum with sticky rules posted right at the top for more visibility.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
You and greasy both did...but it appears PM notifications are not working again.

Edit: They went into my spam.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
FB post made, submissions starting to roll in via PMs and Messenger...should be a good December.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i won car of the year back in the day, no need to compete here.

good luck amateurs.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's retired.

I'm going to go back to polishing my trophy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom