TCG Autocheck Account?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Just an idea. One person could be in charge of it and receive paypals every month from the members. We have a lot of consistently active members here, if 23 of them could chip in $2 or 15 could chip in $3 every month we could have a TCG unlimited autocheck account there for whenever we need it. Just thought I'd gauge interest on this and see if anyone would be down to be able to run reports whenever they want for a couple bucks a month. Autocheck is $45 a month, personally I like autocheck because it picks up just about everything carfax does and it also shows you data from auto auctions that carfax doesn't get.

Post updated to reflects autocheck's new price plans.

IN
GTWolf
Outlaw40
chevyy1212
blakbearddelite

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Yeah I'd say someone we can trust like maybe mook if he's up for it can handle the account and we just paypal him every month. I guess it would be unfair for people that haven't chipped in to get to use it, but it would also be a PITA for mook or whoever to have to run reports and send them out all of the time. I'd say everyone who has paid in gets the username and password so we can just run the reports on our own time. If someone stops paying in, the password gets changed and the moderator sends out an email with the new password. That way all the moderator has to do is accept the payments and maybe change the password once every couple months.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think a communal CarFax account would be cool and cost effective. The only problem is that I think what we'd be doing would be technically illegal. I don't think you can technically sell people CarFax reports. Not that this is a big operation generating a lot of money, but I would imagine there is something in the contract that prohibits this.

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
See for people like me who have shit for posts and are new I think ofcourse we should have to pay every month. If a TCG vet with a bunch of posts doesnt pay up a month or somthing forgets whatever I dont think he or she should get cut off since there obviously here here. Yea tho id go with somone like Mook or a Mod whatever this should be one of those as long as it gets paid up evenly things. I would have to agree with dude ^^ on the legal status of this should be checked out. Either way tho great idea as long as people dont just hop on here to use the carfax.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I agree with chevy that probably only people that have paid in should get to use it, otherwise I guess it's not fair for the people that did. We're not really selling them so I don't think it would be illegal, we're just all paying for an account that we're sharing. If somehow they caught us eventually worst case scenario I think is they cut off the account and we would have to re-register under a different email address. If I had a carfax account and was selling them on tcg for $15 a report that would be different.

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
I agree with chevy that probably only people that have paid in should get to use it, otherwise I guess it's not fair for the people that did. We're not really selling them so I don't think it would be illegal, we're just all paying for an account that we're sharing. If somehow they caught us eventually worst case scenario I think is they cut off the account and we would have to re-register under a different email address. If I had a carfax account and was selling them on tcg for $15 a report that would be different.

This is true your not technicaly selling them we are sharing an account so no laws would be broken just maybe carfax rules? What will they do say ok no more account and we all be out 2 bucks when that happens.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
This is true your not technicaly selling them we are sharing an account so no laws would be broken just maybe carfax rules? What will they do say ok no more account and we all be out 2 bucks when that happens.

Yeah that's what I was saying that it would only be illegal if I was actually selling them. And yeah you're right, I highly doubt they'd catch us and even if they did worse case is no more account and we have to re sign up under a different email address.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Dealers give out free carfax and autochecks. Most smart private sellers offer it too.

I've never had a private seller offer an autocheck before, and personally I wouldn't shell out $40 bucks for the report unless someone was standing there with cash in hand wanting the car as long as the report was clean. Way too many people that just dick sellers around to spend any money on a potential buyer unless it's pretty much a done deal.

Thread Info