TCG and 2022 - A message from Mook

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You guys, none of you needed to donate, not what this thread was about. Its hugely appreciated but just want you all to know TCG has never been about the money (though it probably should have been :rofl:)

We know (well at least I know) that its not what the thread was about, but many of us enjoy the site and donate just to make sure things can be done to keep it running as needed.

I literally would lose my mind some days if it werent for the people on here getting me to laugh during the crazy days at work.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
then why all the "not sure if keeping this site going" posts regularly?
Burn out, mostly.

Seeing people leave the site despite me giving them whatever they want. Hearing what a shit job I do 3rd hand. It all adds up when you've been doing it this long. I have feelings too and eventually, they do get hurt.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Burn out, mostly.

Seeing people leave the site despite me giving them whatever they want. Hearing what a shit job I do 3rd hand. It all adds up when you've been doing it this long. I have feelings too and eventually, they do get hurt.
Fuck... this is the best site/forum I've been on, or seen. Not even a competition.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Burn out, mostly.

Well I think you are doing fantastic buddy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm not without faults. I'm stubborn. I have a hard time listening to others and I can be unpleasant to interact with. But I think, or hope, that people see that I do try and implement every request, review every complaint and do what I can do make everyone happy.

I know there is some EXTREME distaste for one aspect of the site, but Ive even handled that. Can't please everyone. Thats where Ill leave things.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I'm not without faults. I'm stubborn. I have a hard time listening to others and I can be unpleasant to interact with. But I think, or hope, that people see that I do try and implement every request, review every complaint and do what I can do make everyone happy.

I know there is some EXTREME distaste for one aspect of the site, but Ive even handled that. Can't please everyone. Thats where Ill leave things.
If ignoring complete sections of the site isnt good enough for some, then I think it is more a problem with the person then the site.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Come Austin Powers GIF

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Burn out, mostly.

Yeah whoever made those comments is clueless. I've tried to participate in bmw sportbike forums, trackday forums etc and none of them hold a candle to TCG.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Actually, I think it has been in that spot for a while, a year or more? :p
Honestly, I wouldn't know, ive never even looked up at those functions in years. I have a link on my phone that I just click for the site, and it just auto brings up the new posts, thats how i always view the site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info