TCG 5 cylinder gang? Audi RS3 content

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
235/40 Pilot sport all season 4s installed, they have the same tread width as the stock 255 p-zeros per tire rack lol yikes
4A75B127-D3BB-4A43-B17C-3701B868B7F2.jpeg
EBD71C8F-D824-423F-BBB0-FA97C3F23F8D.jpeg
6FC0B88D-8F03-48CC-8492-6547A8FAA0A4.jpeg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Why did you get all seasons?
Was on the fence having pure snow tires on the stock wheels already. Was going to go with the tried and true PS4Ss, but I'd like to do some roadtrips with the car and no have to worry on weather, run these 9-10 months out of the year etc. I'd rather give up a tad of performance I probably would barely notice for better and more reliable performance in the midwest in the middle months.

Honestly the biggest factor in making up my mind was that the new AS4s are supposedly (and tested to be) amazing/groundbreaking, developed for the c8 as their OEM offering and reviews on these is stellar. I went to the tail of the dragon with the TT on the BFG all seasons with 18s and I was so incredibly impressed, I felt like the taller sidewall was more of the issue, not traction and they never got greasy

I'd definitely go summers if I ever get a really baller set of 19s fwiw. Car is basically stock, I'm sure if I was stage 2, summers would be a must in at least 255/265

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
2 sets of wheels and you put all seasons on them?

?

The Michelins on my PP1 Mustang suck when its 50 degrees clearly thats too cold for them. In the summer down to 28psi they are pretty good.

I have Nitto NT05s on my bronze 20s that suck too.

I really need to research some sticky tires for those 20s that dont suck in the rain thats going to slim the pickings since it does rain quite a bit in Wash DC.

Id really like to go back to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on the 20s maybe. At least those were decent in the rain and I thought better than the michelins that came on my PP1 car. I had those on my yellow car that got totaled they just werent very wide on the stock black accent package wheels.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
2 sets of wheels and you put all seasons on them?

?

The Michelins on my PP1 Mustang suck when its 50 degrees clearly thats too cold for them. In the summer down to 28psi they are pretty good.

I have Nitto NT05s on my bronze 20s that suck too.

I really need to research some sticky tires for those 20s that dont suck in the rain thats going to slim the pickings since it does rain quite a bit in Wash DC.

Id really like to go back to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on the 20s maybe. At least those were decent in the rain and I thought better than the michelins that came on my PP1 car. I had those on my yellow car that got totaled they just werent very wide on the stock black accent package wheels.
I wouldnt even consider the OEM wheels a set, they are curb rashed and one I just found out is slightly bent, the winters are getting old and low on tread, they are just getting me by and maybe throw them on if I need to commute somewhere in the deep winter months

What you mentioned about the tires sucking below 50... thats pretty much all summers, and given the weather we have here, I'd rather have a tire with call it 80% the performance I could technically use all year round. Its not a track car and I'm not heavily modded

We'll see, and like I mentioned, if it "needs" a summer, I can just get a nice pair for the fronts.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Fair enough. I failed to consider the massive AWD advantage in the post above too derp. :roflpicard:
I didn't even want to bring up this aspect, but it is true and does factor in. At the end of the day its a fwd bias system (not even "real" quattro with the torsen). The TTS I had with the same system but about 100 less whp would still chirp the front tires with 255s and then go with no further fuss. I fully expect this car to do the same with these tires and system. Guys spin wider summers as well because you are pretty limited on what you can fit in the front wheel well and its putting so much through the fronts anyways.

RWD sports/muscle car? Yea two sets of wheels summers/wintes for suuuuuuuure

Reactions: Rent Free

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Swung by streets early Sunday morning, which turned out to be like 500 cars, got a pic snapped when I was pulling in to park. And yes, from now on will pull the front plate for stuff like this ?
157842146_588909498734431_6125393868399322239_o.jpg
How you liking those Michelin’s? I am ordering some tires this weekend and am curious your overall review on those. They don’t have stock c5 sizes, but I am sure I could find something that works

Reactions: The Broken Regal

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
How you liking those Michelin’s? I am ordering some tires this weekend and am curious your overall review on those. They don’t have stock c5 sizes, but I am sure I could find something that works
So far so good, few hundred miles on them. Haven't really put them through their paces, will get back to you after visiting the Tail lol. No weird road noise and handling manners are great as well as ride quality

I think I saw a video that these tires were developed as the OE offering on the c8 ironically if they are for your c5, so I'd have to imagine they are pretty decent!

Reactions: SleeperLS

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Biggest issue is they don’t have the oem sizes for the C5. I think they are releasing more sizes later this year, but I need new tires before I start driving the car again and I don’t want to wait. I have read nothing but good things though.
Fwiw, I'd compare the sizing of whats offered already on tirerack, the 235/40/18s I have run huge as do the 245/40/18, its like they are both ".5" sized over, its really weird

Reactions: SleeperLS

Thread Info