• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

TA's Paint: Fixable?

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Under direct sunlight I can see what looks like spider web cracks throughout the TA's paint. The car still looks good from 10 feet away, but up close this is off-putting. I know there's only so much you can do for 14-year old paint with 110,000 miles, but is this something that can be corrected, or is a repaint the only option at this point?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Thread would have been better if you had your johnson hanging out...kind of like wheres waldo.

Maniak

Reaction score
cant tell whats going on with that pic. looks like they are just swirl marks which can be buffed out.

my buddies TA has the cracks you are talking about in the front bumper cover. the paint is lifting up and the only way to fix that is with a respray.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thread would have been better if you had your johnson hanging out...kind of like wheres waldo.
Next time I'll leave a surprise.

boost21

Reaction score
Solution sell me the car for 1500 :D

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
cant tell whats going on with that pic. looks like they are just swirl marks which can be buffed out.

my buddies TA has the cracks you are talking about in the front bumper cover. the paint is lifting up and the only way to fix that is with a respray.
I don't think they're swirl marks but I could be using the wrong terminology. When I look at the car in the sunlight, the sun or light source has a halo of marks around it that I can most accurately describe as looking like a spider web.

greasy

I Haz New Teknologee
Reaction score
It is definitely correctable, but you will probably need a rotary polisher to do so. The DAPC removed a lot of stuff from the paint when I used it, but it has its limitations.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll hit up KJ's paint guy and see if he can shoot me a quote.

Maniak

Reaction score
I don't think they're swirl marks but I could be using the wrong terminology. When I look at the car in the sunlight, the sun or light source has a halo of marks around it that I can most accurately describe as looking like a spider web.
when was the last time it was detailed?

by the pictures, it just looks like what are called swirl marks. they can be greatly reduced by doing a complete detail.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Greasy detailed it last summer.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
it just needs buffed out with a high speed buffer and a fine cut compound, my junkyard car was bad and it looks almost like new paint now after a hard core buffin

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
:werd: im gonna try to have dave (paint guy) coome with me to lukes some time and just look at shit.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

jason05gt

Reaction score

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom