Taps N Tenders | Naperville | Friday, Nov 20th @ 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Alright. Assuming COVID doesn't fuck this up like it has everything else. Plan on a trip to Taps N Tenders in Naperville on Nov 20th. The food is amazing and there is beer....so it's pretty much the best.

They close at like 10:30 or something, but usually the place is next to empty from 7 o'clock on. So I'm planning on a 6pm start time so I can get there and secure tables, and make sure the beer is good for consumption (team player). I know one of the owners, so I will let him know we are coming and as long as the COVID restrictions aren't stupid at that point, we should get the back corner of the restaurant like we did last time.

Taps N Tenders
3320 Illinois Rte 59
Naperville, IL 60564

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
This is still happening Friday. Trying to get a headcount so they can set up the corner spot again I would assume.

He told me this, so I'm sure we can distance just fine with whoever shows up

"I can reserve a table, just find out how many and what time and you're good to go. Inside has been slow so there will be plenty of room"

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Yeah, tier 3 mitigation starts Friday. This looks to be pushing into next year. I still recommend stopping by for pick up dinner here if you're in the area ever!

How does their food compare to Crosstown Pub's wings in Naperville (https://xtownpub.com/)? The PB&J wings are DA BOMB. A Thai peanut type sauce on the wings with a side of Raspberry Jam.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
The two times Ive been to crosstown, I was let down by the hype. Food was good, but it has the reputation of being THE wing place. I'm a fan of Taps.

If you went to their Batavia location, it doesn't compare. The Naperville location does way more wings than Batavia (per the waiters we've had at both over the years).

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I've been to the Naperville location and iirc, the service was crap and that really hindered the experience.

Yeah, the service has been sub-par at Napeville the last few times I went there, including in the last month. Carry out was in the bar area where unmasked people are chatting away. Defeats the COVID rules for those us wanting to be safe. Plus they had given my order to someone else so I had to wait an extra 20 mins for my wings, but damn they were still good when I ate them at home 30 mins later.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, the service has been sub-par at Napeville the last few times I went there, including in the last month. Carry out was in the bar area where unmasked people are chatting away. Defeats the COVID rules for those us wanting to be safe. Plus they had given my order to someone else so I had to wait an extra 20 mins for my wings, but damn they were still good when I ate them at home 30 mins later.
Its been years since Ive been there. We did a TCG gathering there.

Reactions: blue-sun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info