Tahoe maintenance - Time sensitive

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
*edited by TCG administration due the fact that the subject matter of this posting was off topic

WTF?!?!

I said...

128764305596072448.jpg

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Also, his truck is a newer motor and also has electronic throttle body

you know, your truck might be getting a little bit more sluggish due to a learning ecu that controls the TB. My mom's old highlander had that and it learned to her sluggish throttle controls and adapted to her driving type.

I would suggest maybe finding somewhere of how to clear that either by some key dance or just pulling the battery cable for a bit... might try that.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Meh, wires will outlast most engines.
Sure, if a wire is that old that it's cracked and arcing...then go ahead and change it...it's one of those items that people place too much importance on.

Huh? You must really go thru engines if your spark plug wires outlast them.

I just replaced them on our minivan for the second time since it was new (2002) and it just turned 90K miles. I usually change the wires around the 35K-40K mileage range. The newer DIS/HEI ignition systems don't like too much resistance in the wires. If the wires are cracked and arching it is way too late. As they age wires build up resistance caused by the high voltage pulses traveling thru them and age. As resistance slowly builds up over time, The wires heat up. (resistance = heat) This drys out the wire insulation which then eventually cracks and archs.

As resistance builds up it can cause some issues that are like an early warning sign. Idle will seem a little rough (usually more so when the moisture in the air is high like humid or rainy days) and the high RPM range of power seems to drop off a little sooner.

To the OP: I would recommend changing the wires with the other items mentioned by others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info