TacoBell vs authentic

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
How can the TB crew eat that stuff with any decent authentic place in range?? This was 6 bucks all in and delicious :fy:

1deb1e6943537644a90e3bee4f2317ef.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Time, locations, price, hours, consistency, I could go on

I eat TB for lunch almost every day because I travel for work and the sooner I'm done with lunch the sooner my work day is done, drive thru or bust. Believe me I would sit down for a nice lunch every day (i get an allowance), but TB literally is good to me and I like it.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I’m with you. I’ve posted my hatred for Taco Bell before. My dog likely eats better quality food.

I stick to authentic Mexican places, which are plentiful in the Chicagoland area (probably more locations than TB) and much better quality for nearly the same price. Plus most places give you chips and salsa for free while you wait.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
How can the TB crew eat that stuff with any decent authentic place in range?? This was 6 bucks all in and delicious :fy:

1deb1e6943537644a90e3bee4f2317ef.jpg

Where is this? I didn't think it'd be all that hard to find a good Mexican place in Elgin where I don't feel the need to bring a gun. Other than Sammy's on Rt 20 they all look kind of sketchy. Not that sketchy bothers me but I need to find a place where I'd feel ok bringing my wife.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Where is this? I didn't think it'd be all that hard to find a good Mexican place in Elgin where I don't feel the need to bring a gun. Other than Sammy's on Rt 20 they all look kind of sketchy. Not that sketchy bothers me but I need to find a place where I'd feel ok bringing my wife.

Chicago (forgot name but on Roosevelt), I'm by Sammies and hit that sometimes, Carminas on Randal is good but spendy, coronados south Elgin on Randal is good, Los burritos3 on randall/64 is good and open early.

When you get in Chicago though it's like another level of goodness for food in general.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I love authentic Mexican food. I also love Taco Bell. To me comparing Taco Bell to real Mexican food is no different than comparing Pizza to soup. They are different foods. Sometimes I'm hungry for Taco Bell but not hungry for legit Mexican food.

It's not Mexican food. It's just good tasting fast food. Stop comparing it to other food and enjoy it for what it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info