Syp might be interested in this

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I wonder how much they charge compared to say a shop like Livenois. For something like 4900$ you get Dod Delete, cam, headers, xpipe, dyno tune, installation.

to be exact
Livernois Motorsports Stage 1 L92 Camshaft
Livernois Motorsports Dual Valve Spring Package (Livernois Motorsports Dual Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Valve Spring Locators, Locks, & Valve Seals)
ARP Head Bolts
MLS Head Gaskets
Hardened Pushrods
Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" Longtube Headers
Kooks X-Pipe w/ Cats
Wideband 02 Bung... $4899.00

I mean for 1K or so more you can get a Maggie.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Waste of time and money. 60rwhp increase, but only 20 rwtq. As we know folks, torque is more important than rwhp! These engineers designing these cams and what not are fucking idiots. WE WANT TORQUE! Now where is the diesel conversion for the G8???

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Yeah ...basically they remove all the dod functioning parts and replace them with non dod shit...(non technically speaking)...lol Plus that price included kooks headers and xpipe, installation and tune. Im sure this price is on the higher end of the spectrum for performance shops. Non DOD cams are making more power from what they say. Plus the DOD shit puts extra strain on the valvetrain.

Kooks headers and xpipe are around 1500 parts only IIRC.
Non DOD cam from NEP is 1200 ...wow...
DOD Cam is 750 from NEP

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah ...basically they remove all the dod functioning parts and replace them with non dod shit...(non technically speaking)...lol Plus that price included kooks headers and xpipe, installation and tune. Im sure this price is on the higher end of the spectrum for performance shops. Non DOD cams are making more power from what they say. Plus the DOD shit puts extra strain on the valvetrain.

Kooks headers and xpipe are around 1500 parts only IIRC.
Non DOD cam from NEP is 1200 ...wow...
DOD Cam is 750 from NEP

Got a guy at work wanting to do a cam in his G8. Talking him into the NEP DOD cam since he doesnt want to remove the heads.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
stupid IMHO to do a cam and keep DOD... whats the point? Chances are, if you have a cam.. you have some type of exhaust work...

and if you have exhaust work with DOD.. its gonna be annoying an sound gay.

I took my DOD off and with the headers i got 25mpg highway... with DOD and stock, the car is rated at 24mpg highway.

Tonz, Livernois quoted me $3200 for the stage 2 cam, valve job on heads, and all new lifters...ect.. I also got a quote from another shop for $1900 for basically the same thing ;)

I will not be doing my own cam on this one... no way.

As for a record... Keep in mind "MOST" people who own/mod this car make probably 3x as much money as me, or more... So quite a few people out there are cammed, or supercharged, or turbo'd... (or all 3... wtf? lol)

Im just shooting for 11s all motor.

Gears, Tires, and a tune and im in the 11s EASILY.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info