Syp is that you?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Occasionally I poke around for GTP/GS/SSEi’s to see if anything is available that isn’t rusted out or $12k. Here we have a black 2 door 97 GTP with red bad overlays and rally stripes on the fenders. This your old car syP syP ?

CF306766-8120-44DA-9032-2B6F4C931160.jpeg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
  • Haha
Reactions: TurboTPI and DanJ

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm obviously scrumming it with rust and still don't even have a plush W-body. I'm still gonna say that you all need to come back anyway. If it's really about the engine, V6 F-bodies are cheap. So are Amazon turbo kits. Plus, a 4l60e can at least be built with cheap parts to be worth a damn. You could just go balls deep and adapt it to something else too. W-bodies and FWD make things hard.

But I get that V6 F-bodies are a hard sell to any self respecting enthusiast. ? W-bodies at least have a sleeper aspect. They're a lot nicer to drive too.

Reactions: TurboTPI and Rdrnnr

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
v6buicks v6buicks but its fun as hell to blow the doors off mustangs and bolt on z28s tho. Unfortunately as soon as they see the pillar guages they usually back down pretty fast at the stoplights. I can't wait til April to put this thing down the track and hurt some feelings
Have you run yours yet to see what it does? The f body’s have the potential to run solid numbers with enough boost, it’s getting harder and harder to hang with the newer muscle cars though back 10 years ago it was nothing to smoke a mustang with a 3800 now they run high 11’s stock

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Have you run yours yet to see what it does? The f body’s have the potential to run solid numbers with enough boost, it’s getting harder and harder to hang with the newer muscle cars though back 10 years ago it was nothing to smoke a mustang with a 3800 now they run high 11’s stock
I haven't but I'm guessin high 12s at best right now. Hittin bout 34 on the maf the way it is and I'm sure there's more there but I plan on pullin the 4l60 out of my bird with an s10 converter that I'm hopin will stall to bout 2800 to 3k and a smaller 6062 turbo I'm hopin to spool shortly after. Still need to get my rockers done and fuel pump in as well but my goal with it is to at least put it into 11s. The 3.42s out of the bird should help out alot there too.

I don't even try and compete with the new stuff. When you can buy a 10 second car for 40k anymore there's not much fun left there and it's more of a I can say I built an old shitbox to hang kinda thing.

Some day I might get around to gettin my 5.3 built and put together and then maybe ill be able to put up some impressive numbers but in the meantime the 3800s are simple and just plain fun to work on and play with unless your screwin around under the cowl lol

Reactions: TurboTPI and 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info