• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Synthetic Fluids

toastyj

Reaction score
Is anybody running Red Line products in there GTP? What about the Water Wetter?
I am thinking about flushing out my (brand new btw) coolant system and adding the water wetter with a Hypertech Tstat, but I am questioning myself as to whether or not the GM Coolant nowadays will actually benefit from the additive.
Any input from anyone?

rob

Reaction score
Just so it doesnt damage your o-rings. What is water wetter?

toastyj

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I am gonna do more explaining on my own question that I thought!! LOL
It's cool, I'll try to elaborate:
Red Line is a performance company that specializes in some very good SYNTH fluids.
They make a product called Water Wetter, which is a coolant additive. It is supposed to increase the heat transfer and lubricating capacity of the coolant in your car. Essentially, it "supercharges" the coolant for lack of a better term.
I have run this in my old Z24 and it worked great.
I ran this in my Cougar and I "think" it worked, but it turned the newer type of Ford Coolant in my car a nasty brown when I mixed it.
It probably will do this again in my GTP, but if the gains are there, what do I care about the color?
Essentially, I wanted to see what some of the other GTP guys thought. I know a lot of goofball little things like this. Not that I am a "Slick 50" guy or anything. Hopefully some of you will know what this stuff is too.
The new coolant that is in modern cars is pretty damn good though, I almost have to wonder if it comes from the factory with the same blend as the "water wetter" product would give....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've used it in other applications and it worked really well. It hasn't shown any real results in the GTP unfortunately. I tried it with the dexcool, with straight water, and with regular antfreeze. The best cooling results I've seen come with fan control. The Casper's fan kit does wonders to cool down the car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom