3800 Synthetic ATF?

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
Did you get smoother shifts?

I'm thinking about switching to Amsoils Universal ATF. It's about $7.00 a quart. If I can get smoother shifts and slightly better mileage, I think it'd be worth it.

Is the gasket the old cork style or is it the plastic style?

I have about 60,000 miles on the car. If I decide to drop the pan, should I also change the filter as well? I've never taken a pan off a car with less than 120K on it.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Did you get smoother shifts?

I'm thinking about switching to Amsoils Universal ATF. It's about $7.00 a quart. If I can get smoother shifts and slightly better mileage, I think it'd be worth it.

Is the gasket the old cork style or is it the plastic style?

I have about 60,000 miles on the car. If I decide to drop the pan, should I also change the filter as well? I've never taken a pan off a car with less than 120K on it.
[/b]

i didnt noitce any shifting differences because it is what is used in the new zzp tranny's. however i know that GM stands behind it as being a great upgrade to the dexronIII.

the gasket is neither cork or plastic. it is a rubber/metal mix and you should def. re-use it unless it is flawed/broken/bent but 99% of the time they are re-useable.

theres absolutly no reason not to change the filter ANYTIME you have the pan down on the trans. its only 10 bucks if that, and cheap insurance for you 60 dollar fliud as well.

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
the gasket is neither cork or plastic. it is a rubber/metal mix and you should def. re-use it unless it is flawed/broken/bent but 99% of the time they are re-useable.

theres absolutly no reason not to change the filter ANYTIME you have the pan down on the trans. its only 10 bucks if that, and cheap insurance for you 60 dollar fliud as well.[/b]

Thanks for the info about the gasket.

That makes perfect sense about the filter. Makes me think I should've picked one up last night at the Amsoil warehouse. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• E
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list