Switzer 1000hp R35 GTR

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
No AWD, No care. I'm sick of not being able to put the power down on the street until 3rd gear, and I don't want to drive around on DRs all the time.

If I'm not going AWD, I'm staying with the Z.

I’d take your Z over a GTR. A GTR is all computerized and I know you would find it boring to drive because of that. Put some cams in the Z and throw a nice coat of wax on the Z on the winter and be happy with it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
in car vid...more pics and vids coming soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_612iJfnU

timeslips:

R1K-938.jpg

e900 slip

SwitzerE9009623.jpg

e900 on 20" bbs slip

SwitzerE90020inchBBS.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
You've never even ridden in a GT-R, let alone driven one. Why don't you do that before you judge it.

I've driven a car very similar to it...A modded 911 Turbo.

The GTR is a computerized car in that the driver isn't involved in such as way as a driver of a ZR1 or even a Miata. The GTR does all shifting for you. I can put my wife in there and she can drive it fast in a straight line. With AWD, Stability Control w/ torque vectoring, and a DSG it's no fun to me when you look the other options out there. I know you feel the same way, but you gotta rep for Nismo!

If Nissan put a 6 speed manual transmission and reduced the curb weight by 300 lbs, I’d be fan of the car (minus my beef with Nissan’s poor product quality). The blue 2012 GTR that Mook posted actually looks really hot.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I've driven a car very similar to it...A modded 911 Turbo.

So you're comparing a 996 911 Turbo driving experience to a GT-R???? LOL.

Again, DRIVE a GT-R. I drove one today, it was pretty amazing and I didn't even get to really thrash on it due to traffic.

The GTR is a computerized car in that the driver isn't involved in such as way as a driver of a ZR1 or even a Miata. The GTR does all shifting for you. I can put my wife in there and she can drive it fast in a straight line. With AWD, Stability Control w/ torque vectoring, and a DSG it's no fun to me when you look the other options out there. I know you feel the same way, but you gotta rep for Nismo!

If Nissan put a 6 speed manual transmission and reduced the curb weight by 300 lbs, I’d be fan of the car (minus my beef with Nissan’s poor product quality). The blue 2012 GTR that Mook posted actually looks really hot.

You can turn the stability control off, you know. My Z has VDC just like the GT-R and when I get in the car, I turn it OFF.

My only beef is the DCT, and I could get over that very easily considering how much potential the car has and how much I love the rest of the car.

Big power + AWD is FTGDMFW.

Vogz needs a Porsche. I'll buy him a new sweatshirt to replace his NISMO one.

I don't have a NISMO sweatshirt. Noob.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Hmmm....Interesting
:bigthumb:
Why It Matters
Past GT-Rs have come across as remote and almost aloof devices, keen to exclude the driver from the action and relegate him to a directing role, but with this car we felt much more part of it, a talent that may or may not make it a quicker sports car. And being an involving driving machine makes it substantially superior to its parent.

The real achievement of this new GT-R is not that it has been made faster but that it is now both easier to drive and more entertaining. In short, the one missing piece of the puzzle, let's call it the human factor, has been found and added. The 2012 Nissan GT-R is, at last, complete.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info