• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Switching to an LS

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
First post in I think years so here we go.. I feel like I am 20 and asking for newbie help. I have a 95 Mustang. The combo is now limited on the block splitting. So I decide I'm going to shoot for a conservative 650 and ordered a Ford racing 363.
These blocks can handle a lot but I want to reliable street/strip. I ordered it being told I would receive it last week. They called me saying Ford will not have one ready until December. I am very impatient and initially I was going to ls swap it.
Now I decided to do the swap since I already have a 5.3 out of an avalanche. My car currently is running a Holley terminator X ecu. I just need the injector and coil adapters.

I've been a Ford guy my whole life having multiple 302s and a terminator. I know what works and doesn't when it comes to them. I am a complete newb to the LS. I know they make great power and a good platform.
I've read enough to know what I need but figured I would post here to get some opinion. Even might be able to buy some stuff laying around your garages.

Let this discussion begin:

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I’m a fan of Richard Holdner’s LS testing. Huge wealth of dyno testing on junkyard 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 LS stuff, NA and forced induction. He’s a contributor to Hot Rod and the originator of the infamous Big Bang 1,000 hp 5.3 stock bottom end that turned out to be a 4.8. Lot of various cam, head, intake combo on ebay and money turbos.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
If he already has the LS he’s going to save a ton of money versus going coyote. As much as I hate LS motors going into Mustangs it’s much more expensive.

My motor was $4k out of a Gen 2 Mustang of memory serves. Sold some of the parts off it to recoup $750 as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info