switch from predator to SCT.... :dunno:

P

PearlBlue L

ive only been around the predator while ive owned both of my lightnings but speedinc is the only shop in the area that does anything with predator. i was thinking about switching to SCT that way i can have a local tuner with using sutton instead of getting mail order tunes from JLP.

what all does SCT have out there? i dont want a chip that i have to plug into the truck. does SCT have a handheld tuner? i went to the suttonhp website and was looking around, noticed they didnt have anything about the lightnings on there.

someone want to try and fill me in on the SCT world?... :biggthump

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
The SCT X-Calibrator 2 should be releasing very soon. Was supposed to be last week, but has been bumped a little. Hand held tuner and I believe has data logging capablities. Should be a great piece, especially at $25 cheaper than Diablo piece that compares. Should work on your lightning. Call Doug at Sutton tomorrow and get all the questions you need anwsered. I have have looked at some software from the first X-Cal and if you plan to tune yourself be careful seems pretty complexed and detailed.

P

PearlBlue L

1badass96gt said:
I have have looked at some software from the first X-Cal and if you plan to tune yourself be careful seems pretty complexed and detailed.
i dont plan on blowing up my truck myself, i'll leave that up to someone else with a dyno..lol

i guess I'll hold off and wait for the X-Calibrator 2 to come out

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
rcrx66 said:
Beside's the $, what are the differences between the tuners.

They best I can offer up is that the Diablo is not as complicated as the SCT handheld tuners. If you are doing the tuning yourself the diablo may be a better piece for you. If you are having a custom dyno tune I would say go with SCT because it allows the tune to adjust a few more things than a diablo. Both very comparable pieces, but with a slight price edge and a what appears to be a slight performance edge I'd suggest the SCT. Maybe some of the others can give you a little more insight than that though.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
1badass96gt said:
They best I can offer up is that the Diablo is not as complicated as the SCT handheld tuners. If you are doing the tuning yourself the diablo may be a better piece for you. If you are having a custom dyno tune I would say go with SCT because it allows the tune to adjust a few more things than a diablo. Both very comparable pieces, but with a slight price edge and a what appears to be a slight performance edge I'd suggest the SCT. Maybe some of the others can give you a little more insight than that though.

In the hands of a good tuner, I believe the Diablosport software can do anything the SCT can. As far as the capabilities of the tuners themselves (for the end-user), the Predator was much more capable than the old SCT tuners, but I believe the new XCalibrator2 will far surpass the capabilities of the current Predator (both functionality and data logging).

At least that's what I've been led to believe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info