Sweet market adjustment value

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Went with the wife to look at a used hybrid Rav 4. I asked the guy how much they were asking…47k. I proceeded to laugh at him and told him if he wanted to sell it then he would have to knock 20k off of what they are asking. Insane right now.

They will sell it for big money over. Either it’s today or next week

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Had a body shop add +$70 for "covid 19 cleanup fee" on a estimate. I'm sorry but your shop is not spending any additional time cleaning my car because of covid. If they are, a quick wipe down of commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant does not cost $70 and should probably be done as a curtesy anyway.

Restaurants were charging fees at one point.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
So basically, good time to dump a car, sit on the cash till things calm down. Dodge offered me $5k more for my car than I paid for it almost two years ago. But the pricing they gave me on a new was stupid. Don’t think he wanted to disclose the actual purchase price but the finance numbers where so out of line I just walked and went to work.

They give u big money but u have to pay big money for there unit. It will never favor the buyer at the end. Like I have posted on other threads it’s good to sell if u can hold out for atleast a year to buy something.

Reactions: Marko

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yeah, if you have a second car you don't need, it'd be great. My former neighbor bought a Mustang last year, and I thought he even overpaid then. And he sold it a few months ago for a $5k profit.

I’ve sold 3 vehicles and between the 3 I’ve sold to carvana and vroom there is an average of $5000 from what I paid. It’s nuts. My driveway is empty

• Wow
Reactions: willsmysticcobra

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Shocked u didn’t sell it

I owe $18k on it (Tiguan) and the KBB was only about $27k. I own the Mustang outright, and that had a KBB of $34k. Financially, it would make more sense to get rid of that one. Even considering that I have roughly $12k into it with mods and that it wouldn't get me any real more value than book.

Though I might put feelers out there and see. I'm not sure I'd sell it unless I thought I was getting a really good deal, I have too much into it and I know I'd miss driving it.

EDIT: Ah, you may have meant the Mustang when you said 'it', not the Tiguan.

I still don't get why the Mustang is worth so much more than the Tiguan, given that it is 4 years older. They were pretty close in purchase price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info