SVT Focus for AutoX

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Just got my hands on an SVT Focus to do some AutoX with. Any of you guys have any experience with these? Its a 2003 2dr hatchback. I gotta throw a new clutch in it but other than that she is ready to go and seems like she will be fun for some AutoX.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Other than upgrading fluids to a higher temp, better pads and rotors, and doing the regular maintainence stuff the car is set up fairly well from stock. I would invest in a set of dunlop starspecs for her. Nice tire to run around in a DD situation during the summer and a great tire at the track.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Perfect vehicle for it. You might want to look into motor mount upgrades as the stock ones like to fail....a lot.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
10sec had one of these and might be able to provide some insight.

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys! To start I am going to throw in a new Luk Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, change all the fluids, replace the timing belt, tune-up. I will check out the motor mounts and look into upgrading them.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sweet!

It's mainly the passenger mount that sucks ass. They like to collapse because they're oil filled.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
They definitely handle pretty crazy. The best bang for the buck mod for power is a test pipe, I might actually still have mine. I'll sell that junk if you're interested. The exhaust note gets a little louder, but it picks up so much mid range power. I had ebay coilovers with adjustable KYB's and mine handled like crazy. The brakes are insane too. If mine wasn't such a piece of shit (I literally had the worst one ever made) I would probably still own it. Cool looking cars.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Will do, I'll snap some picks of the test pipe when I get home. I think I have a K&N filter for the stock airbox as well.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing in action!

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Just ordered a Luk Clutch setup and all my maintenance items. Should have her ready to go beginning of next week. Did anyone notice the HUGE shiftlight in the front window of the picture??? :bowrofl: RACECAR!!!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
I'm thinking you should just get rid of the vette, this is going to be a suitable alternative!

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I drove it to lunch today(clutch slipping and all) and its actually a fun little car to drive! I think I need to make it look like this:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Just let Jon plastidip it.

GottaRide28

Team Octane
Reaction score
I autox my 2005. If you need parts for your car check out "massive speed system" karl is a good guy for ALL parts! Call him and order parts dont do it over the website. Tell him Zack Flagg told you about him.
Check out the "Windy City Miata club" also. They do autox every weekend. I'm in the middle of getting my car back together still as soon as it's broken back in I'll be out there for sure!

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the Windy City Miata Club looks like they have an AutoX this weekend at Flyers stadium. Unfortunately, I just got all my parts in stock and she won't be dialed in until next week.

Primalzer

Reaction score
It seems like high mileage ones are. I looked at them a year or two ago as a weekend/autox car, but the decent ones still are a little too expensive IMO.

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
They aren't too bad, and the parts and labor are pretty cheap and easy. I ended up doing a fan belt and valve cover gaskets also but nothing has been too expensive.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick pic of the test pipe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom