• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Sushi lovers - New Sushi spot in Elgin

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Unless you mean elgin sucks so it doesn't exist.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Boosted guy said the one in Schaumburg.

I literally just googled sushi station and Rolling Meadows shows up. I’ve been there, never heard of Elgin having one until now.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Never been to the Schaumburg location. Elgin was a quick pickup and go for lunch and didn’t have too many options. Didn’t see too many options in that area.
Dude, all you had to do was go another 2 miles north and there is a place called Q88 which has good sushi, but its kinda pricey. Then another couple miles north is Woow or Kobe. Any of those places are leaps and bounds better than the Station. Next time, open your map app and type in sushi...lol.

There is definitely a Sushi Station in Elgin. It's on Randall about 1/2 mile north of I90.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], how does this place compare to JuRin in South Elgin? We go there for sushi, but wouldn't mind trying something new.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
Dude, all you had to do was go another 2 miles north and there is a place called Q88 which has good sushi, but its kinda pricey. Then another couple miles north is Woow or Kobe. Any of those places are leaps and bounds better than the Station. Next time, open your map app and type in sushi...lol.

There is definitely a Sushi Station in Elgin. It's on Randall about 1/2 mile north of I90.
I was going off a recommendation from someone I’ve honestly only had sushi a handful of times. Never tried it until last year. I usually check Yelp but was going off a recommendation due to not really knowing the area all that well.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
I was going off a recommendation from someone I’ve honestly only had sushi a handful of times. Never tried it until last year. I usually check Yelp but was going off a recommendation due to not really knowing the area all that well.
Just don't let it happen again, OK!?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I haven't had jurin in a looong time and I never tried their sushi.

I'm basically addicted to Kubo now so if that's not glowing praise I don't know what is.
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], how does this place compare to JuRin in South Elgin? We go there for sushi, but wouldn't mind trying something new.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Soooo I went again tonight... I wanted the Diablo so I ordered 3 (salmon, hamachi and tuna). Not pictured are 4 pieces of hamachi.

Didn't try anything new. Maybe next week after my self imposed detox :rofl:

IMG_20181212_192019-01.jpeg

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Wut? The only day they're closed is Sundays. They're open 11-2ish for lunch and then open again at 430 I think.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION], got the scoop for ya. Dogs Paw (the bar next door) had their holiday party there today so they closed down for lunch. They are open for dinner and then go back to their normal schedule tomorrow.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ate a fuckton there tonight and tried a few new things. Had two different hand rolls and FUCK those are good.

New pic for the thread. Believe this was bonito fish... Got to try a sample. So good.

IMG_20181227_184607.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Finally checked out Kyoto in Crystal Lake with the wife on Wednesday night. Very good will return! Also want to try the hibachi there...

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
Kobe in Algonquin is good but I doubt I go back there unless I'm in the area

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Just got back... Again... Ate so much.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member