sushi hints any one?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Okay, so I'm trying my hand at sushi and getting progressively better. Just doing California rolls trying to get my technique down. Based on what I'm doing I can't quite get the roll right, it seems like the rice isn't 100%. If anyone has hints I'd love to hear em, I think I have the actual stuff in it right just not quite the assembly.

bnr32

Regular
Nov 6, 2013
well after you cook the rice find a good open pan like what you would use for brownies or whatever, something with a deeper lip so rice doesn't shoot out. also make sure the rice still have a lot of heat in it.

wet the bottom of the pan moderately so that the rice will not stick to the pan.
spread the rice out evenly around the pan so its proportionate around the pan.

now get a good Japanese brand rice vinegar and pour onto a large rice spoon over the rice so you aren't directly pouring on the rice. give it a nice coating around the edges of the pan and work your way into the center. your rice will have a nice coating on it, and begin to shuffle it around a little bit to work it evenly, but not like you are stirring a pot. gentle! even out the rice in the pan and let it cool (some of the water/rice vinegar will evaporate which is what you want). let cool for around 10 mins and flip the rice over the pan by scraping the bottom and a quick flip. let it air cool a little more and soon it should be nice a sticky with great flavor to make your rolls. when making a roll don't be afraid to use a little water to help bond.

bnr32

Regular
Nov 6, 2013
CbakCbd.jpg

Elcs7Ui.jpg

UuRaIUx.jpg

Fototime

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info