Support the RPM Act!

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
From 2 days ago on one of the Hellcat forums.....

“We (State/county police agency HQ) were given notification of 11 state search warrants for suspicion of violating the Clean Air Act by operating or modifying vehicle emissions systems. 8 of the warrants are for private vehicle owners, 3 are for for rather well-established auto shops in my county. These folks can expect to be forced to have their vehicles impounded and/or inspected to verify the status of the emissions systems. In Florida, it's a 2nd degree misdemeanor crime and $5,000 per catalytic converter removed for owners, and up to $25,000 per vehicle modified by service providers.

It seems like environmental protection agents have been reviewing social media to locate prominent content posters and the shops who did their work as they are specifically targeting individuals with popular social media pages who have modified their vehicles to have the cats removed. We all knew this day was coming, but it seems like today is the day, at least down here in Tallahassee, FL.

And no, this is not an April Fool's joke.”

“On another forum, there are reports from Iowa and Michigan that agents have come to inspect their cars today as well. I won't know for a few weeks, but this may be the result of a Federal EPA investigation driving the increase in activity. So, just be advised. If I get any more info, I'll pass it along as it becomes public.”

And yet another reason not to modify anymore, and if you do keep it to yourself and stop posting about it.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Meanwhile Pete Buttigieg is promoting eco-friendly transport by parking his SUV a couple blocks from his meeting and riding his bike the rest of the way :LOL:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

Racing enthusiasts are concerned because the E.P.A. argued in court that under the Clean Air Act no road vehicle engine can be modified, even for exclusive use on a racetrack. Taken to its extreme, that logic could prohibit stock cars like NASCAR’s.

In November, the E.P.A.’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance issued a study that found pollution controls had been removed from 550,000 diesel trucks over a 10-year period. The modified trucks spewed 1980s levels of contaminants, sending an avoidable 570,000 tons of nitrogen oxides and 5,000 tons of particulate matter into the air, the study said.

Essentially, it found that America has a problem with do-it-yourself dirty diesels.

But the issue is not confined to diesel engines. The E.P.A. has prosecuted pollution-control tampering on trucks, cars and motorcycles. And the stakes have been raised. Vehicle enforcement had traditionally meant civil suits, but in 2018 the E.P.A. began to press criminal charges using a provision that was previously applied only against smokestack industries. That increased penalties to companies, and added the threat of jail for management.

The Specialty Equipment Market Association, better known as SEMA, which represents aftermarket parts makers like those being prosecuted, responded with urgent all-caps alerts such as “PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO RACE! THE EPA IS BANNING RACECARS,” which could generously be considered a worst-case scenario. It has nonetheless struck a nerve with hot-rodders who echo the claim on social media.

• Sad
Reactions: GTPpower
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info