Support the RPM Act!

AngelWhite_ST

Regular
Jul 20, 2015
Real Name
TJ
With the EPA cracking down harder now on emission "defeat devices", in the past few weeks multiple tuning and product companies have been visited by the EPA and have either been sued, investigated, or have been told to stop selling certain products. N-gauge and EZlink are no longer in business. Top companies such as Lund Racing, have also been visited by the EPA. Products that are not EPA/CARB (California) certified with a product EPA/CARB serial tag, and modify the emissions in any way are at risk made for ANY vehicle with a VIN tag to no longer be available. Lund Racing and Livernois have videos about the current EPA situation on their YouTube channels I encourage you to listen to them.

This has finally caught the attention of Cleetus, so it's not something small to worry about.

Please take like 5 minutes to click on the link below, and the first link in the article to fill your info in and have a generated email ready for your representatives to send!

Please read more about this at the link below to help make them be aware of the RPM Act. Also please make sure to tell your elected officials to support the RPM Act.

Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act) | Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)

AngelWhite_ST

Regular
Jul 20, 2015
Real Name
TJ
Whether you sign up or not, they can and will go through your purchase history, security cameras, videos, social media posts..etc should they want to target individuals to THAT level lol might as go down with a fight. If you're on any social media or posting anything, it's already too late. Deleting your history and posts won't work either.

Technically, adding a filter could be labeled as a "Defeat Device". Literally almost all of America would be fined. It's only coincidentally gotten worse the last few months where EPA is cracking down on companies for now

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Whether you sign up or not, they can and will go through your purchase history, security cameras, videos, social media posts..etc should they want to target individuals to THAT level lol might as go down with a fight. If you're on any social media or posting anything, it's already too late. Deleting your history and posts won't work either.

Technically, adding a filter could be labeled as a "Defeat Device". Literally almost all of America would be fined. It's only coincidentally gotten worse the last few months where EPA is cracking down on companies for now
But why help them? “Here’s my physical address” vs tracking an account.

AngelWhite_ST

Regular
Jul 20, 2015
Real Name
TJ
But why help them? “Here’s my physical address” vs tracking an account.

Oh boy, well I can see you're one of those people. I see where you're coming from though. It's not like the EPA can get customer databases from parts companies that are being investigated of who bought what parts just as easily if not easier. The website to make it easier for you to acquire local reps is separate from the EPA themselves and would need to acquire a warrant to obtain that info for people who want to oppose this. Two different things . I'm not saying you don't have anything to worry about if you have never bought any exhaust part. EPA hasn't really clarified defeat devices, so they could go as far as an air intake.

But if your car is 100% stock, I wouldn't worry about them coming after you for that car.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This is my sort of set up

A60BCCE0-1A42-43EE-B925-193C4BA9CBEF.jpeg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My Zr1 is stock and will likely stay that way. I’ve gone back and forth and not sure it’s worth the time/money/effort/depreciation that modifying a car costs anymore. There are just so many good choices that are stock it makes it even less appealing.

Perhaps people's utility/dailies. But many here, myself included, can't leave shit alone.

Hell if I know, I don’t know everyone here lol

You haven't gone through the members ride section?

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
EPA does not have the resources to go after the average vehicle owner.

Now, if you have a large YT channel and are publishing emissions delete related content on street cars with a license plate, then the EPA may reach out to you.

From 2 days ago on one of the Hellcat forums.....

“We (State/county police agency HQ) were given notification of 11 state search warrants for suspicion of violating the Clean Air Act by operating or modifying vehicle emissions systems. 8 of the warrants are for private vehicle owners, 3 are for for rather well-established auto shops in my county. These folks can expect to be forced to have their vehicles impounded and/or inspected to verify the status of the emissions systems. In Florida, it's a 2nd degree misdemeanor crime and $5,000 per catalytic converter removed for owners, and up to $25,000 per vehicle modified by service providers.

It seems like environmental protection agents have been reviewing social media to locate prominent content posters and the shops who did their work as they are specifically targeting individuals with popular social media pages who have modified their vehicles to have the cats removed. We all knew this day was coming, but it seems like today is the day, at least down here in Tallahassee, FL.

And no, this is not an April Fool's joke.”

“On another forum, there are reports from Iowa and Michigan that agents have come to inspect their cars today as well. I won't know for a few weeks, but this may be the result of a Federal EPA investigation driving the increase in activity. So, just be advised. If I get any more info, I'll pass it along as it becomes public.”

• Wow
Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info